SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Super Bowl Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Bowl Thread Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
First Super Bowl in some time I’ve looked forward to.

PLEASE - PLEASE....

We go thorough this every year. If you hate the NFL, then please start your own “I hate the NFL” thread; let those of us who enjoy the game have this thread to just do that, and not have to argue or defend ourselves..

Graze.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Great SF defense vs. Great KC offense. Should be a fantastic SB.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Disappointed the Titans almost made it. :/

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17280 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I'm a Bay Area guy (Raider fan) and the Niners just kept on winning this year.

I can't root for KC so... GO 49ers!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3487 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
That’s just a really really good D. What was the stat, only 7 passes the whole game from SF? Wow

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Disappointed the Titans almost made it. :/

KC shut Henry down big time today.

Titans had a great run but got beat by a better team. Mahomes is hard to stop.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3487 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I think chiefs take it but close game

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Hope it's a good game. Should be. It's nice to see two young teams. Maybe the start of a dynasty.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Manning, Big Ben - it's been nice. . .

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Oh Yeah. Just getting to the Superbowl is a treat. It's been a few years. Cool

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5045 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Manning, Big Ben - it's been nice. . .
Yeah, stick a fork in all of them, they’re done. You could just see it with Brady, Brees, and Rodgers in the playoffs - great players who were no longer at the top of their game - capable of winning but only if everyone else pulled their full weight and then some.

Should be quite a show this year with SF / KC. I think if either the Titans or Pack had slipped through they would have been destroyed by the other SF / KC.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I'm a Bay Area guy (Raider fan) and the Niners just kept on winning this year.

I can't root for KC so... GO 49ers!!!

It's just amazing what the Niners can do without Kapperdick.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Mahomes and his creativity are fun to watch.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting for sure. A solid defense against an explosive offense.
I would love to see KC win but I just don’t know if they can stop the Niners run game.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
That’s just a really really good D. What was the stat, only 7 passes the whole game from SF? Wow

Like father like son. A Shotenheimer (sp) football game is effective but usually about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Posts: 3925 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford, Derek Carr, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Dak Prescott, and Deshaun Watson walk into a bar...

to watch the Super Bowl Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23282 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see Andy R and his Chiefs take it since it's been 5 decades plus SF left a really foul taste in my mouth with that Crapernick shit they allowed.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am sticking with Reid will find a way to blow the game. He has never been able to win the big game. And yes I know this is his second super bowl game.

Defense wins championships.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
I would love to see KC win but I just don’t know if they can stop the Niners run game.

They stopped Derek Henry today.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Defense wins championships.

Total points last year was 16. A real snooze of a game, but yes defense won that game.

The totals for the prior years are as follows.

2018 - 74
2017 - 62
2016 - 34
2015 - 52
2014 - 51
2013 - 65
2012 - 38
2011 - 56
2010 - 48
2009 - 50
2008 - 31
2007 - 46
2006 - 31
2005 - 45
2004 - 61
2003 - 69
2002 - 37
2001 - 41
2000 - 39
1999 - 53
1998 - 55
It's the same trend all the way back through the 80s.

Super Bowls are high scoring affairs. Defense may get teams there, but Offense wins the game.

It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
Mahomes and his creativity are fun to watch.

I could watch Mahomes all day, except when they're playing the Titans. I was hoping TN could hold on, but KC was just the better team (incredible team speed).
I haven't decided yet who I think will win the SB. I just hope it's a good (close) game.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post