SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Disturbing Voice Mail
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disturbing Voice Mail Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Look at this crap. A spam voicemail left with each. And they say seniors aren't targeted. BULLCRAP #$%^&*(*&^%$!!!

To clarify the voicemails are the same as what has been described elsewhere in this thread: I have 4 outstanding warrants, etc., bullshit, etc.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
D.

It's not only a scam, the number is spoofed and the originator is nowhere on the continent or in a US territory.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Mine was a tough sounding chick from New York...just two outstanding felony warrants (I feel cheated...it should have been four)...this is a quote "the local cops will be at your door and will kick it in and put you in handcuffs to DRAG you to New York to answer charges if you don't respond"...that was 4-5 months ago...I've been a shut-in since...still waiting...I'm skeered Smile...

What bothers me is that my stepmom has received these scam calls from "IRS" and "your grandchild is (fill in the blanks)...and it still upsets her somewhat even though she knows it's a scam (she has good support from us 5 kids)...but how many folks fall for this bullshit...if 1 out of 1000 it's too many...

I would just turn her in and reap the reward money Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Find the perp and learn him, her or them how to swim with concrete swim fins!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I've had a few of these types of calls telling me there are warrants out for my arrest, etc, etc. I just delete them.
I'm a Reserve cop and I think I would know if there were warrants out on me Smile

Posts: 245 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
We had a guy in the Denver metro area who pissed off the "Indian" callers enough that they "swatted" him. I guess he was playing/toying with them to come get him.

The "Indian" scammers called the local police and indicated that he had kidnapped a woman and was holding her hostage and torturing her at his house, something like that anyway.

Of course, he wasn't home, he was at work.

SWAT raided while the wife/child were at home.

Was maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Same type of scam though, they called and said "pay up or we're calling the cops" and I guess they did when he pissed them off.

If I can find the new article, I'll post it.

James

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get that call once a week. I also ignore them once a week. My calls usually show it as coming from New York.

Posts: 143 | Location: San Diego, California | Registered: May 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Wife got one last week,it was laughable, they want to discuss?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8107 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
“If you want money, I have none. What I do have is a particular set of skills....”

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Mine was a tough sounding chick from New York...just two outstanding felony warrants (I feel cheated...it should have been four)...this is a quote "the local cops will be at your door and will kick it in and put you in handcuffs to DRAG you to New York to answer charges if you don't respond"...that was 4-5 months ago...I've been a shut-in since...still waiting...I'm skeered Smile...

What bothers me is that my stepmom has received these scam calls from "IRS" and "your grandchild is (fill in the blanks)...and it still upsets her somewhat even though she knows it's a scam (she has good support from us 5 kids)...but how many folks fall for this bullshit...if 1 out of 1000 it's too many...

I would just turn her in and reap the reward money Big Grin

If my mother in law got one of those calls she'd send all her money in seconds. Of course, she only answers if she recognizes the phone number and doesn't have any money, so . . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
My wife was gone all day, after playing the voice mail for me this morning.

She just returned, so I asked her for her phone and acted like I was returning the call.

“Hello, I’m returning the call from this morning.” Then I said, “before we get into the specifics, let me ask you a question.” My wife looks quizzical.

“Is there a reward for turning her in.”

That cracked her up!

Heh, heh, heh.

Thanks for the ideas, men.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be sure to comfort your wife and assure her you will visit her in jail.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
I'd see if maybe Mueller can link her to the Russians, and find out if there's a portfolio outstanding somewhere. Clearly a dangerous criminal, or at least an enemy of the people, comrade....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It is a scam, and the scammers are probably located somewhere that makes it almost impossible to effectively investigate them, much less prosecute them.

If you want justice, you are going to have to go all Charles Bronson on them.

What a great idea for a Tarantino movie.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
But when I call them to confirm the warrants, since in NCIC they aren't showing valid, they just hang up. Something about the NCIC they dont like.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Delete and move on. They'll get you on the phone, demand that you go directly to Wal-Mart and buy a money order and will stay on the phone with you while you do "in case you get pulled over."

Of course you could also waste an hour of their time playing games...

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Post their number on the Internet or Facebook.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Post their number on the Internet or Facebook.
Not a good idea, 'cause if the scammer spoofed the caller ID, you would be posting an innocent party's number.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ask them who they are looking for, when they give you a name tell um "ricky's doing a dime up a chino for car theft and assault, you'll have to call him up there"

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post