SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Disturbing Voice Mail
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disturbing Voice Mail Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to get voicemails from NYC and the woman is speaking Chinese. At least I think it's Chinese? Confused

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Call back and ask if there is a reward for her capture?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Call them back (from another number), tell them you're willing to cooperate and show them where she hid the bodies, in exchange for immunity for yourself.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
Call the number and tell them you work for the IRS and if they don’t pay their delinquent account you will send agents to seize their house. Ask for payment in Apple gift cards.

I have a friend who is a senior criminal investigator at IRS. They called him on his work phone. He had a blast with them.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
These calls were much more fun when actual people called, not just a recording giving you another number.
I could keep them on the phone for a while.
“This has been weighing on my conscience. I’m tired of running. Come get me. “

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:

Where did you find that?

Mom said it was all a misunderstanding, it would never come out, and if it did get out after her death, she would never vote Democrat again.

Jeez, that’s her. I’m almost certain!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I had a couple weeks of that same '4 felonies' call from NYS a few months ago. It seemed to be in tandem with another call from close city in NYS with related alarms about untrue crimes and general threats.

I actually called local police, who referred me to a state agency who referred me to some federal call ID complaint center.

Of course nothing came of the complaint.

Yes we're on the 'no call list'. Of course that works so well you call hear singing of praise of effectiveness from around the country.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Tell them you're wearing an ankle monitor and not allowed to leave the halfway house without your parole officers authorization, so sorry but can't go get the cards at Walmart.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Call them back and say your from Windows , and you noticed they had a virus on their computer, and for a fee you can remove it for them.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
D; it's a scam.

I think he knows that. I took the post to be in jest.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Sounds like a variation of the scam, where they call older people with the story that their grandchild or child is in jail after an auto accident and needs bail and that the easiest way to pay the bail is with Best Buy gift cards. This is so pervasive that Best Buy has had to erect warning signs on their gift card display.

Just a modernized re-hash of the Spanish Prisoner scam. Going since the maybe the 1300's. My grandfather received the mail equivalent in '52.

The Spanish Prisoner

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It is a scam, and the scammers are probably located somewhere that makes it almost impossible to effectively investigate them, much less prosecute them.

If you want justice, you are going to have to go all Charles Bronson on them.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
1. Block the number
2. Delete voicemail
3. Fuggedaboutit

I got a succession of 3 of these calls this morning at 8:25, 9:05, and 10:10am from 302-202-5576.

My rage at spammers especially these phone asshats knows no bounds. I feel they purposely target seniors for enhanced attacks.

I would love to warm the barrels of my firearms with them in my sights! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

...and yes I employ my android phone's built in blocker to block / silence for any callers or text messagers not in my address book. That still doesn't prevent voice mails sadly though.

Addendum: now again at 11:47am. DAMN! Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:

Where did you find that?

Mom said it was all a misunderstanding, it would never come out, and if it did get out after her death, she would never vote Democrat again.

Jeez, that’s her. I’m almost certain!
Found it here doing a Google Image search with the search terms: "wanted poster" female OR woman

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
You will be happy to pay, but as you can not yet access the rightful inheritance you have as a Nigerian Prince, if they can send $5000 to expedite your valid claim you will pay them back triple, and cover the costs for those heinous crimes

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I can’t believe you guys are no fun.

What I want is for the FBI to hunt them down, show up at 3 AM with no knock warrants, armed to the teeth, drag them naked and screaming into the perp van to be whisked off to the Stony Lonesome forever.

Can’t we get a little justice here? Must I wait until I’m invited to a Sicilian’s daughters wedding for justice?

Well if you know anyone from your old Navy days...maybe one of them can arrange to nuke Nigeria from space?

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Can you post the originating phone #?

(Something tells me the area code is 631, but there's no reason why it should be).

I use NomoRobo on my cell phone every time I receive one of these calls, if it isn't already in their blacklisted file, I add it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Been getting the ones from different towns in NY for weeks. Yesterday got five of them but the last one was from Delaware. My criminal enterprise must be expanding.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a similar call this morning. It seems my family and I have committed numerous serious frauds and the US government has issued arrest warrants for us. All I have to do is call 347-609-5265 to take care of the problem. What a great country; no court or pesky attorneys- just a simple phone call to solve my issue.

Posts: 992 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post