SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    verizon customer service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

verizon customer service Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
so my wife has an iphone seven, while my phone is dumb. rarely, she gets close to her 1 gig data limit and she cuts back on surfing the net. this time i got the 50 pct data warning alert, then .75 pct came right up back to back, so i got on chat to verizon to see about maybe purchasing half a gig to get through the month without an overage charge.

guy on chat right away says how about we let her go over and we'll cover it - no charge to you?

what could i say, but - Thank you! and Merry Christmas ( no happy holiday or season's greetings bullshit ).

Razz

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
If you do go over, it’s only 15 dollars a gig

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with Verizon. DTV, not so much.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A verizon customer for over 18 years, six phones at once on their plan. When kids began dropping off, I had less phones, but Verizon simply jacked up the rates and charged me the same.

I switched to tmobile. I left Verizon. Verizon kept billing me, began collections, even though I was no longer a customer. Collection calls several times a day, even when international. Said they'd stop if I just paid for the the intervening months since I left them.

I hate verizon.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
They have rollover minutes as well as some kind of overage protection but you have to opt in. My daughter just last month had them activate that for her line.

Overage protection (or whatever they call it) is a good safety net and it is free. It assures that you don't incur any extra charges, but it downgrades the speed to creep until the next billing cycle.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Customer service is not a term I associate with Verizon.

Their default is to waive the first data overage, but next next you’ll pay through the nose.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6400 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Customer service is not a term I associate with Verizon.

Their default is to waive the first data overage, but next next you’ll pay through the nose.
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
If you do go over, it’s only 15 dollars a gig
$15 ain't bad.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I am in the process of switching to them. AT&T, who I was with for 12 years has shown me what a nightmare they are. I own my phones yet it's a full time fight to get them to "unlock" them. Why they have any right to LOCK something that they don't own is a mystery.
Verizon has given me 3 phones as loaners at no charge in the interim!
I will go to Verizon again to have them resolve this for me. Should that not work, I will buy new phones from Verizon and sue AT7T in Small claims court for their costs.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8347 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post