SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever find something you didn't know you had?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever find something you didn't know you had? Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
I was looking around for something I know I have SOMEWHERE (a pistol brace for an AR i got a while ago) and I didn't find it. But i did fine a NIB Aimpoint PRO optic...

Had the thing for at least 4 years sitting in the box (now that i recall, I got a good deal on it on this very forum, intending to put it on a new rifle build I haven't gotten around to)

So, I can't find the 100 dollar brace, but i found a 400 dollar optic i forgot I had. I'll call it a win!

What about you guys? Ever get a nice surprise of something you forgot you owned?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Had a boss one time that found out he had a 17 year old.

I think he was more surprised than I was, knowing his habits! Lol

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

oof... That stings.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I purchased aViridian laser/light for my P220 Compact. Put it in my odds and ends ammo can until my next range trip. Took longer than I expected, can got shoved to the back. Last year I bought (another) one for my 365. Dug out the can and there it was, patiently waiting for me to install on the 220.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. A couple of years ago, I found I had a previously unknown sister.
That reset my memories! On a less personal history note I routinely find knives I had forgotten I owned and all kinds of cop stuff I forgot I had.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
As we age, we find all sorts of things we forgot we had. My wife calls it shopping at home.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Are you kidding? I am constantly finding something I forgot that I had. It doesn't bother me unless I went out and bought another one.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Nearly 100 rounds of 9mm Luger ammunition, loose (not boxed), some of it Hydra-Shok hollow-points, in a duffel bag. I do not remember how or why I put it there.

In 2012 I had an Achilles tendon rupture. X-ray/MRI also revealed a broken/not quite properly healed big toe on the same foot. I have no idea how or when that happened. It acts up once in awhile.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can become very focused while looking for something I know that I have, just can't remember where I put it.

For some reason it will always be in the last place I look. Never in the first place, even when I am very sure that I left it there.

Go figure.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1092 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Often tools. Not too long ago I thought I was going to need some 3/8 female torque sockets for a project, so I ordered a set. As it turned out I didn’t need them after all. Figuring it’s not something I would use very often, I didn’t keep it with my normal tools, I took it down in the basement to put in one of the rollaway toolboxes. I opened the drawer and set them down… right next to another brand new set of 3/8 female torque sockets. Hmmm.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainmaker5505
posted Hide Post
This fall, we found out that our dog had fleas, that was something we didn’t know we had. Frontline doesn’t work apparently.

"America could use some turpentine, all the way from Hollywierd to New York City." -- Phil Robertson

Posts: 459 | Location: Oxford, PA | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
In for the Karma. Smile

10mm sockets. No idea how that one is always the one missing...

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Put me in the "All the time" category and it's getting worse as I get older.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it's more often stuff I forgot I had, or misplaced and haven't seen for years. But re-finding it is like Xmas!

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I once found a thousand round of 9mm ammunition I did not know I had.
This was back during the last ammo shortage we had back in 2011/2012.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
In the Great Ammunition Panic 2013-Wednesday, November 9, 2016, I was digging through the very bottom of the firearms locker. I was hunting some small widget I dropped when I encountered two (not one, but two, nigh not three, but two) .50BMG ammo cans. Thinking them empty, I grabbed them and jerked them up, only to discover they each weighed the equivalent of an MST.

Perplexed, I said to myself “WTF?”

Opening them I found each held around 400 rounds of 7.62x51mm. I had no recollection of buying it.

The interesting thing is I sold my only rifle in 7.62x51mm about five years before and I had no plans to buy another one.

Suffice to say it sold rapidly.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Are you kidding? I am constantly finding something I forgot that I had. It doesn't bother me unless I went out and bought another one.
My experience is that buying a second one almost guarantees that you'll find the original, sometime even before the reorder arrives (but never before it is too late to cancel).

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, I found a really nice jacket in the closet. It must have been a gift. but I don't know who from.

I had obviously worn it once as it had my brand of gum and mints in the pocket.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

My brother opened a facebook account and found out he had a 22 year old son within a week of opening the account.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I bought an M1 carbine many years ago and it did not come with any magazines. I searched at gun shows for a while but never found any. I kept the gun in a spare room at my mom's house. No one knew it was stored there in a dresser. About a year later, I checked on it and there were two old, greasy magazines next to it and they were loaded with cartridges that looked like they were 40 years old. I have no idea how they got there.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post