SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever find something you didn't know you had?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever find something you didn't know you had? Login/Join 
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago I was going thru the closet to get rid of clothes I no longer wore. Checked a suit pocket and found 2 crisp 100.00 bills. Do not know or remember how it got there.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Once thought I had found true love,
but it met another an, pfft it were gone.......

Posts: 23239 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ever find something you didn't know you had?
I went to the doctor once, and . . . never mind.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoboGunLeather:

For some reason it will always be in the last place I look.

So do you ever keep looking after you find the thing you were looking for? Of course not, you stop looking when you find the thing.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping you were going to say "pants"... But good find on the optic!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does an old girlfriend count? Honest to goodness, I had forgotten all about her until she happened to visit her old home-town and started reminiscing about our teenage "activities". I had to own it as being true once she jogged my memory - no matter how embarrassing it was. Confused

Posts: 1625 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I was cleaning out a walk in closet in our master bedroom a while back and found a few thousand 9MM in 30 caliber ammo cans. I don't remember putting them there.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife went to the Doctor because she had injured her ankle . After they read the X-rays , the Doctor asked my wife if she knew that she had a sewing needle in her foot ? It was deep inside and she said that she had no recollection of ever stepping on a needle . The Doc said if it doesn't bother you then leave it alone . Too much trouble to go after it if it doesn't cause problems . That was 20 years ago or better that she found out about it .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sure, I rediscovered a number of items when I was in the process of packing up all my stuff to move to my new house a couple years ago. Things get shoved to the back of closets, safes, and drawers, and get forgotten about until being rediscovered while you're in the process of boxing up literally everything you own.

But for a different take on finding something you didn't know you had...

About 15 years ago I had knee surgery to repair a badly torn meniscus. After surgery, went in for my initial follow-up, and doctor says "Did you know you had a broken kneecap?". I had no idea, and no pain or symptoms from it that I could recall!

Apparently, I had fractured my kneecap at some point in my life, and it had partially healed. The doctor noticed it while he was in there doing the meniscus surgery, and had to do some things to fix it and allow it fully heal.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a special edition stripped lower didn't ever remember buying.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I have found an Artillery Luger in the safe that I didn't know I had. I thought I only had two, but turns out I had three! Have also found thousands of rounds of 5.56 ans 7.62x39 that I forgot I bought.
When I die, I hope I can look over as they go through all my crap and say where the hell did he get that?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do more often than I admit... before lunch I was rearranging the reloading room cleaning and rearranging as I had not done any real reloading since 2016 save for some 30-30 and found 2 bags of 250 brand new 223 norma brass and a box of 500 Sierra 69gr HPBT. Then to top it off in my tote marked 357 brass found a bag with at least 500 Starline brass already primed and another bag with about the same amount unprimed. I had thought I only had a few hundred of mixed shot 357 brass if that.

Today was a good day :-)

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a DNA test and it turned up a first cousin that no one in our family was aware of. Must have been some Wild Oats somewhere.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Wife just emptied out the lower kitchen cabinets, Found all sort's of shit she did not know was in there and has since been replaced.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
Yes, every time I go through the cabinets and boxes in my garage or gun room.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Tools is a big one for me, especially those I put somewhere where I know I can find them the next time. Roll Eyes

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
I have found an Artillery Luger in the safe that I didn't know I had. I thought I only had two, but turns out I had three!

Eek
Wow! I've never lost a gun before, let alone a Luger!

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I once found an extra K98 Mauser in the back of my safe. No idea where i bought it.

Just the otherday I found a Sig Romeo 5 RDS I didnt know I had

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Mostly ammo. For some reason I set new boxes in random places with the intention to put it in dry boxes but forget about it. I find it in odd places years later.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once upon a time, about two years before the M&P pistols came out, j-frames got real cheap. I was going thru some medical issues, and various medications caused some confusion. I had been selling used cars in my spare time, and collecting those paid for credit cards as incentives. I purchased more than a dozen j-frames, all lightweight alloys, mostly basic models. I then had a stroke (several, actually.) Once I was back on my feet, I had lunch with my LGS owner. He told me it was hard to get j-frames and the prices were way up, and suggested I sell some back to him. I had forgotten I had them, but when I got home I asked my wife about it. She said to look under the bed. Low and behold, 3 blue boxes were there, receipts in the boxes. I loaded up ten and took them to my friend, who gave me a very good price for them. That week I started a spreadsheet my wife can access just in case.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post