SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else love the sound of rain on the roof?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else love the sound of rain on the roof? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
I once spent some three or four months (can't recall exactly, it's a bit of a blur) in Subic Bay, Philippines during the monsoon season.

It seemed like it rained every day for over 30+ days. (They call it the "wet season").

And when I say rain, I mean rain. Our cabin had a tin roof. Sometimes the sound it was so loud you couldn't hear the radio...

But it's a great sound-

Ha! I can one up you. Spend monsoon season at Sky Village up at Cubi Point in a Quonset Hut at III MEF. Good times!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37173 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I would have more enthusiasm for the sound of rain on my roof if I could find and stop the intermittent leak in it.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get no better sleep than a steady heavy rain at night.

I agree with the porch people as well.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2390 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I love the sound of a good rain on the deck above me when I'm in the Bahamas on the boat I run. Free rinse, no hard water, just get up and chamois when the sun comes up.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
I love the sound of rain on the tent while camping with our Boy Scout Troop.

Posts: 1778 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
absolutely! Summer is finally over and can't wait for the rainy season to start

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1543 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love it. I love hearing and seeing it downpouring while being comfortable inside. Or under our covered rear deck.

Posts: 5083 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I love to sleep when it's raining. I often run this or similar you tube videos of fireplace/rain sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u7Pa79lukk&t=27597s

Posts: 4817 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I live in a metal building, so I’d better like it.
And I do.

Posts: 6345 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I love this sound. We have a tin roof.

Posts: 12947 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, HS Senior year, 1959 Chevy Impala and my girlfriend in the front bench seat. Rain on the roof is a wonderful sound. Also a great song by the Lovin' Spoonful. The sound always brings back some great memories!

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2939 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too enjoy the sound of rain at night.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1223 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55174 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
I once spent some three or four months (can't recall exactly, it's a bit of a blur) in Subic Bay, Philippines during the monsoon season.

It seemed like it rained every day for over 30+ days. (They call it the "wet season").

And when I say rain, I mean rain. Our cabin had a tin roof. Sometimes the sound it was so loud you couldn't hear the radio...

But it's a great sound-

Ha! I can one up you. Spend monsoon season at Sky Village up at Cubi Point in a Quonset Hut at III MEF. Good times!

You got me. All I can say is...

San Miguel beer and driving go karts on the track there in torrential rain.

Posts: 1512 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Redhorse and the morning after

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37173 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Always loved that sound. We put on a new shake roof this summer, so now I really love that sound.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I like the sound of rain on the roof too. That was one of the plus factors when I bought my top floor condo unit.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Yes and in the springtime having a warm rain with the window open is awesome.

Posts: 5677 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. We finally built a back porch awning. Now, I just need some rain.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post