SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else love the sound of rain on the roof?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else love the sound of rain on the roof? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I do. Particularly at night. It's raining heavily outside right now, and I'm inside enjoying listening to it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37173 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Same here. Love a heavy rain especially in the am. Helps me to sleep later.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7517 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
Same here. Love a heavy rain especially in the am. Helps me to sleep later.

Exactly. Nothing like a Sat/Sun fall morning laying in bed listening to the rain and snuggling with the wife.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Particularly on a metal roof.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:

So much this that whenever my house needs a new roof, we'll be paying the extra cost just for the sound. We absolutely love and enjoy it.

Posts: 2859 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
One thing I wish I had was a covered porch. I love sitting outside on a covered porch watching it rain.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5794 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:

There are few simple joys better than listening to rain pelt down on a metal barn roof. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Love it.

My favorite, though, is a frog-strangling storm while watching from the covered porch.

Bonus points if it's also lakeside.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Try spending a monsoon season under a tin roof in southeast Asia.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7274 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Yes, I too am a pluviophile.

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yes, I love it. One of the things I miss about working on the top floor of a call center was the sound the rain made on that huge flat roof.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Definitely something I enjoy, always relaxes me

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7065 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I once spent some three or four months (can't recall exactly, it's a bit of a blur) in Subic Bay, Philippines during the monsoon season.

It seemed like it rained every day for over 30+ days. (They call it the "wet season").

And when I say rain, I mean rain. Our cabin had a tin roof. Sometimes the sound it was so loud you couldn't hear the radio...

But it's a great sound-

Posts: 1512 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
add me to the list

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11156 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
We have metal over shingles on the old part of the house and metal on purlins on the garage, Florida Room and deck. Love it!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5716 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Surely do. Nothing quite like it.

Posts: 2589 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Love thunderstorms in general EXCEPT when I'm flying.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Me too. I like it especially when camping in a tent. That is, as long as the tent is sufficiently water proof (resistant). To get a good tent that doesn't leak you gotta spend some money. Also, high ground is always nice when camping.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8917 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
One of my fondest memories is each summer our Grandmother would take one of us three kids for a week at a time spoiling the shit out of us. Her house had a tin roof. Summer in Florida means afternoon/evening thunderstorms. I've never slept so well as in Grandma's spare bedroom when it rains. I love it.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post