SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sheila Lee Jackson announces she has pancreatic cancer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheila Lee Jackson announces she has pancreatic cancer Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2128 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Her "constituents" will just elect someone even worse.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3645 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have no compunctions about wishing a painful, lingering death on this leftist traitor. I say this knowing I will sleep like a baby without a single shred of remorse for the saying of it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15863 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
If cancer wins before November, her last professional memory will be losing the Houston mayor primary by 29%.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23714 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
100% chance it won't metastasize to her brain.

A) That’s hilarious.

B) Christians do not get to rejoice in the suffering of others. “Love your enemies” and all that.

Posts: 5942 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
You don't say.

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
100% chance it won't metastasize to her brain.

A) That’s hilarious.

B) Christians do not get to rejoice in the suffering of others. “Love your enemies” and all that.

I reckon I will just stick with "If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; For so you will heap coals of fire on his head, And the LORD will reward you."

That sounds like a win-win proposition!

Posts: 1664 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is that even possible?

Posts: 3813 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:

Is that even possible?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
One can’t help but wonder if the space between her ears is made up mostly of gasses.

Posts: 7106 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2850 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Is that even possible?
Yes. For example - Craig Washington (i.e. the guy who preceded SJL). The Demonrats primaried his lazy ass after the news started reporting statistics on absentee Congressional Critters and he was top of the slackers.

Of course that was a different era when there was actual journalism and the mainstream press would actually report when Demonrat Congressional Critters were an empty seat.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23714 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never wished for the death of another person. But I am guilty of reading an obituary with a certain amount of glee.

Posts: 97 | Registered: September 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
quote:

Is that even possible?
Yes. For example - Craig Washington (i.e. the guy who preceded SJL). The Demonrats primaried his lazy ass after the news started reporting statistics on absentee Congressional Critters and he was top of the slackers.

Of course that was a different era when there was actual journalism and the mainstream press would actually report when Demonrat Congressional Critters were an empty seat.

To be honest, I like lazy. Lazy isn't optimal, but lazy congress people don't have the initiative to introduce things like gun bans and other things that restrict our freedom.

It's the crazy's with a lot of energy who introduce freedom restrictive bills and team with groups like the "Mom's Demand Action" that you have to worry about.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11118 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2048 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
May the Lord grant her a short life and a long death.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17574 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Hoping for a loooong battle.

Posts: 8741 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Staffing issues

In 1998, The Houston Press reported that five of Jackson Lee's staffers had quit that spring. The paper quoted Lee's former Capitol office executive assistant and events scheduler, Rhiannon Burruss, as saying that "the congresswoman's abrasive ways not only drove off staff members but irritated Continental Airlines staffers to the point where one suggested she fly on a competitor instead."

In 2011, Jackson Lee was reported to have one of the highest staff turnover rates in Congress. The Huffington Post and the Houston Chronicle reported that she had gone through 11 chiefs of staff in the course of 11 years. A 2013 report concluded that "the veteran Texas Democrat had the highest turnover rate for all of Congress over the [previous] decade." Washingtonian magazine named Jackson Lee as the "meanest Democratic Congress member" in both 2014 and 2017. In 2018, LegiStorm reported that Jackson Lee's annual turnover rate, at 62%, was the highest in Congress.

In 2023, during her Houston mayoral run, an unverified audio leaked of Jackson Lee berating her staffers with profanity. The recording was about a minute and half in length, where Jackson Lee allegedly tells a staffer she wants him to have a "fuckin' brain" and that "nobody knows a Goddamn thing in my office – nothing.” She then describes a different staffer as a "fat-ass stupid idiot" and that both of them are "fuck-ups" and that they are "two Goddamn big-ass children, fuckin’ idiots who serve no Goddamn purpose." Her mayoral campaign refused to verify the authenticity of the recording and alleged that "these attacks have originated from extremely conservative blogs and political operatives backing John Whitmire." Whitmire's campaign stated they had no involvement with the recording. Jackson Lee responded to the release of the recording by saying, "I am regretful and hope you will judge me not by something trotted out by a political opponent... but from what I’ve delivered to Houstonians over my years of public service" and said that "everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, and that includes my own staff."

Link

Posts: 9310 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The recording was about a minute and half in length, where Jackson Lee allegedly tells a staffer she wants him to have a "fuckin' brain" and that "nobody knows a Goddamn thing in my office – nothing.” She then describes a different staffer as a "fat-ass stupid idiot" and that both of them are "fuck-ups" and that they are "two Goddamn big-ass children, fuckin’ idiots who serve no Goddamn purpose." Her mayoral campaign refused to verify the authenticity of the recording and alleged that "these attacks have originated from extremely conservative blogs and political operatives backing John Whitmire." Whitmire's campaign stated they had no involvement with the recording.

Uh huh...
Blame your opponent for what you were caught and recorded saying. Roll Eyes

Someone here has a signature line: "Never marry a woman who isn't nice to your waitress."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24683 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i feel about her death the same as i did about harry reid's.

Posts: 50 | Registered: April 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post