SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sheila Lee Jackson announces she has pancreatic cancer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheila Lee Jackson announces she has pancreatic cancer Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
100% chance it won't metastasize to her brain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The only bad news is someone more progressive might get voted in her spot.
I am sure Soros will be all over it.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3948 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/heal...c-cancer/ar-BB1nvBX0

U.S. Rep Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Houston, is undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer, the congresswoman shared in a Sunday statement on social media platform X.

“My doctors have confirmed my diagnosis for pancreatic cancer,” Jackson Lee said. “I am currently undergoing treatment to battle this disease that impacts tens of thousands of Americans every year.”

Jackson Lee, 74, represents Congressional District 18, a seat she has held for 30 years .

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:

Sheila Jackson Lee is infected with the hive-mind virus. The leftist mind virus won't be defeated by cancer. It IS a cancer on our country and our liberty.

But still... we can rejoice when it has one less member.

The mind virus ideology

The Left's "woke" ideology is an authoritarian agenda that has infected academia, corporations, and government, indoctrinating society with neo-Marxist ideology that undermines democracy.

https://www.americanthinker.co..._virus_ideology.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24683 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I guess the deficit won't drop when taxpayers aren't buying her seafood.

Posts: 7650 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
In the article I read she mentions continuing to serve while undergoing treatments. The article mentions that she is 74 and has represented the 18th district for 30 years.

Wouldn't the average person say this is a sign to retire and enjoy the 1 year I have left?!

Tells me the affect of power on some folks is so strong and fills a need that they cant give it up, they would rather die in office.

Perhaps, at least, her Congressional pension payout we fund may be shorter than otherwise.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:

Not sure it is that important to Soros but it is doubtful there can be anyone worse.
Thank God she wasn't elected our Mayor.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm not unhappy

I will be elated when she croaks

Posts: 53887 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lost my sister in law to this recently. From discovery to passing was just a few months.
She had a party to say goodbye, the invitation read "I'm dying to see you!"
She didn't deserve that, this Bitch does.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Huh. What’s for lunch?

Posts: 13623 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Tells me the affect of power on some folks is so strong and fills a need that they cant give it up, they would rather die in office.
RBG comes to mind.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
You betcha. I do wish cancer on a lot of commies. A LOT!

There are people who make their life work to fuck over others for the sake of not just wealth, but power over the masses, using corruption, lies, arrogance. They do not care about humanity, or have empathy towards others, except themselves. They do not deserve a place in our society, and when they knowingly have the Grim Reaper knocking on their door, this is great news. She can literally fuck off and die, there is no tragedy in this.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17228 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Maybe now she'll have a bit of time to reflect on her past deeds and her life's work.

But I doubt it.

Posts: 9850 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Huh. What’s for lunch?

I think I'm gonna go get me some chicken from Publix to celebrate!

Posts: 13321 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
Tough Crowd.
You think she gives a fuck about you? Would she be lamenting such a diagnosis for anyone here?

It is offensive- actually offensive- that someone so clearly and genuinely stupid as this is in Congress.

The general sentiment on Twitter:

https://x.com/seans_vent/status/1797612068763512943

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Comes a reckoning…..

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29919 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
OH NO! How will I deal with not being able to see her standing at the aisle when the president comes into the State of the Union address? Oh, thats right, I haven't watched that since 2020. Oh well, gotta get to work.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
“I’ve held an AR-15 in my hand, I wish I hadn’t, It is as heavy as 10 boxes that you might be moving and the bullet that is utilized, a .50 caliber, these kinds of bullets, need to be licensed....”

---- Sheila Jackson Lee

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11118 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11422 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

It is offensive- actually offensive- that someone so clearly and genuinely stupid as this is in Congress.

I hope she has a doctor and treatment crew as competent as she is.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17228 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post