SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
"[E]ven with an entire state's worth of solar panels," the WFB reports, "the country would still need to rely on conventional energy generation to fill in "brown out" periods, when the sun is not shining or the wind is not blowing. Zycher estimates that this back up would require 1.4 million gigawatt-hours of energy per year, resulting in about 35% of 2017 emissions—hardly zero."

And never mind what all those solar panels would do to supplies of the fresh water they require for cooling in locations where those supplies are already short. Salt water gums up the machines, DeBlasio, and the forest fires in New York City's watershed will give Manhattan a taste of what its like to live in LA.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good grief. We call her clueless so much, let's not forget that it's actually true:

AOC suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of 'GOP' politician who is actually a Democrat
quote:
One of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's, D-N.Y., tweets seemed to backfire on Thursday when she tried attacking Republicans over a picture of a politician stood next to a cardboard cutout of her.

"GOP: Let's pose our older male members next to cardboard cutouts of young female legislators," she tweeted. Her tweet included a post from the Republican Party of Kentucky. However, the politician pictured was Democratic Rep. John Yarmuth, Ky., not a Republican as she claimed.

Ocasio-Cortez later deleted the tweet but not before critics pointed out the gaffe on Twitter.

"It literally says in the tweet that she is quoting that Yarmuth is a Democrat," writer Ryan Saavedra tweeted.
Jeez Louise. Pay attention, child.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Good grief. We call her clueless so much, let's not forget that it's actually true

According to the media, the story here is NOT that she got something wrong, it's that Republicans pounced and even caused a backlash!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
"[E]ven with an entire state's worth of solar panels," the WFB reports, "the country would still need to rely on conventional energy generation to fill in "brown out" periods, when the sun is not shining or the wind is not blowing. Zycher estimates that this back up would require 1.4 million gigawatt-hours of energy per year, resulting in about 35% of 2017 emissions—hardly zero."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This woman has elevated stupid to a level that demands study.

The truly amazing thing to me is that the Democrats keep chasing the President for every potential miss step, but this idiot and a few others are running amok with no oversight whatsoever.

Want a good investigation? Tell me how a waitress with a double digit IQ and no political experience ended up on Capitol Hill in a capacity higher than Congressional Staff.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37958 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good grief. We call her clueless so much, let's not forget that it's actually true:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

The truly amazing thing to me is that the Democrats keep chasing the President for every potential miss step, but this idiot and a few others are running amok with no oversight whatsoever.

Want a good investigation? Tell me how a waitress with a double digit IQ and no political experience ended up on Capitol Hill in a capacity higher than Congressional Staff.

Actually, I think the office staff has higher qualification standards. The janitorial staff, perhaps, but even they have a floor....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me thinks you may be giving the lady too much credit.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:

A district inhabited by a huge majority of clueless, ignorant, Democrats?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

And never mind what all those solar panels would do to supplies of the fresh water they require for cooling in locations where those supplies are already short. Salt water gums up the machines, DeBlasio, and the forest fires in New York City's watershed will give Manhattan a taste of what its like to live in LA.

What kind of solar panels require cooling, much less use water for it? We’ve been living in our current house with off-grid solar for fourteen years and while I did wash the panels once, they’ve never had any cooling, water or otherwise.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
There is AOC herself: uninformed/misinformed about everything, arrogant, narcissistic, and truly rock box dumb.

That's Exhibit A.

Now, Exhibit B: the voters who looked at her and thought, "Yes! I'd like that uninformed, arrogant, narcissistic, dumb woman to represent me!" Eek

Who wins The Most Stupid prize?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
But there’s hope. I think those voters are beginning to rue the day they voted that brainless nitwit into office. Doesn’t mean they’d vote in another brainless nitwit, but at least they see the error of their ways...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

I think those voters are beginning to rue the day they voted that brainless nitwit into office. Doesn’t mean they’d vote in another brainless nitwit, but at least they see the error of their ways.
I really, really, hope that you're correct. I'm not optimistic, though.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
She isn’t going anywhere she is the star of the party, the dems will rig the elections to keep her, and her constituents will vote her In because she’s 1.) Anti-Trump 2.) Hip and woke 3.) Anti-Trump 4.) Woke and smart she knows stuff 5.) Anti-Trump. Did I mention the most important quality she has in her district she’s Anti-Trump.

Posts: 2776 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Ocasio-Cortez reminds me of Obama. They have that same full of themselves, I'm-better-than-you look about them...
It's not confidence, it's arrogance.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
So the left actually publishes an AOC comic book. In that comic book, here is how they picture Nancy Pelosi:

Eek Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:

What kind of solar panels require cooling, much less use water for it? We’ve been living in our current house with off-grid solar for fourteen years and while I did wash the panels once, they’ve never had any cooling, water or otherwise.

Every solar panel in every array designed to produce large quantities of electricity - such as commercial production or the arrays used for large installations. If your house doesn't need it, that's great - but that's not how large-scale production of solar electricity works.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of these Green New Deal idiots was here at NMU lecturing on it. He discussed the "pillars" of the Green New Deal.
One of which was a guaranteed Federal job for.....Everyone!
Its not about energy.... its about BS social "justice".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:

Every solar panel in every array designed to produce large quantities of electricity - such as commercial production or the arrays used for large installations. If your house doesn't need it, that's great - but that's not how large-scale production of solar electricity works.

Could you provide a link? I'm not finding any information that photovoltaic solar panels need water cooling. I've only seen one large scale installation close-up on one of my kid's field trips.

Would the cooling be closed loop?

How much water is used in traditional power plants which use steam driven turbines to generate electricity?

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post