SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Tinyman, that's definitely been a bad road around here. Recommend deletion.

Ok, it's deleted. Don't see why as it was no more harmful than any other posts about her.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Strip her of all her committee assignments now.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39757 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Strip her of all her committee assignments now.

Maybe Pelosi will do the opposite?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
ZOMG - I was in San Diego when 9/11 happened - I almost died!!!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Now she's asking her followers to REPORT her critics to Farcebook and Tweeter.

Does this not go against the 1st amendment and especially as a lawmaker?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39757 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^

Ooh, great comment and fascinating angle on the social media private companies yet massive monopolies, government involvement (or not) 1st Amendment censorship (or is it?) mess.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Now she's asking her followers to REPORT her critics to Farcebook and Tweeter.

Does this not go against the 1st amendment and especially as a lawmaker?

Hate speech is a good be way street on Fakebook. If you are a liberal, you are incapable of hate speech. If you are a conservative, none of your comments (beliefs) meet “community standards”. I believe that their algorithms flag conservatives for their comments.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
She was in her DC apartment 3/8 mile from the Capitol; her congresswoman neighbor ratted her out.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
She was in her DC apartment 3/8 mile from the Capitol; her congresswoman
Cool. Do you have a source for that? I know that I will be challenged if I repeat this, so I would like to be able to back it up.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Cool. Do you have a source for that?

Rep. Nancy Mace is in the Cannon House Office Building.
Mace was there with AOC when the riot began.
Rep. Nancy Mace tweet

.@AOC made clear she didn’t know who was at her door. Breathless attempts by media to fan fictitious news flames are dangerous.

My office is 2 doors down. Insurrectionists never stormed our hallway. Egregious doesn’t even begin to cover it. Is there nothing MSM won’t politicize?
— Rep. Nancy Mace (@RepNancyMace) February 2, 2021

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Cool. Do you have a source for that?

Rep. Nancy Mace is in the Cannon House Office Building.
Mace was there with AOC when the riot began.
Rep. Nancy Mace tweet

.@AOC made clear she didn’t know who was at her door. Breathless attempts by media to fan fictitious news flames are dangerous.

My office is 2 doors down. Insurrectionists never stormed our hallway. Egregious doesn’t even begin to cover it. Is there nothing MSM won’t politicize?
— Rep. Nancy Mace (@RepNancyMace) February 2, 2021

That was an interesting tweet...seems some in Congress are asking why Pelosi avoided a security check, like all others are required to go through.

Bet the witch had a pistol with her.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Ha! I’m convinced this chick has mental issues.

I couldn't agree more....she's a nutter. I expect that she will spend time in a treatment center of some sort within the next 5 years. I think she believes the crap she says and you can't last long in that mode.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, to me the scary thing is that it ain't necessarily mental issues so much as being allowed to grow up without anyone making her learn to think in an honest and disciplined way. There are a lot of places in America today where kids are allowed to grow up thinking that whoever says something last is automatically right, no matter how absurd the things they say are, and that being automatically right is far more important socially than actually being right. I think she's actually made a political career out of being a basement-dweller.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Eh, to me the scary thing is that it ain't necessarily mental issues so much as being allowed to grow up without anyone making her learn to think in an honest and disciplined way. There are a lot of places in America today where kids are allowed to grow up thinking that whoever says something last is automatically right, no matter how absurd the things they say are, and that being automatically right is far more important socially than actually being right. I think she's actually made a political career out of being a basement-dweller.
I've put that a bit differently over time. To me, most of these people have never had their ass handed to them for running their mouths at a time they should have been quiet. I was a slow learner and had my ass handed to me a couple times in high school before I learned it was better to keep my comments to myself than to offer them up to the 250 pound football player who would beat me like a rug 99 times out of 100. Learning when and where to talk and when and where to shut up should be learned by every child before the age of 18. These people never learned those lessons.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there nothing MSM won’t politicize?

I assume that was a rhetorical question?

No...there is literally nothing they won't politicize.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5740 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why can't Republicans go on the offense here?

Start by acknowledging her trauma, and the fact that it brought up past experiences of abuse. Express concern over her mental well-being and arrange a series of counselors, psychiatrists, and so forth, to have her evaluated and treated for this horrible trauma that occurred 6 January. After all, anyone who experiences this level of fear and trauma can't focus on their job, right?

I'm sure you get the idea, and I am also sure that professional politicians can spin this much more eloquently than I can.

If they take this approach, that should slow her whining down a bit...

Posts: 944 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btanchors:
Why can't Republicans go on the offense here?

Start by acknowledging her trauma, and the fact that it brought up past experiences of abuse. Express concern over her mental well-being and arrange a series of counselors, psychiatrists, and so forth, to have her evaluated and treated for this horrible trauma that occurred 6 January. After all, anyone who experiences this level of fear and trauma can't focus on their job, right?

I'm sure you get the idea, and I am also sure that professional politicians can spin this much more eloquently than I can.

If they take this approach, that should slow her whining down a bit...

Because they have no balls. Same problem they had before Trump, they have now fallen back to post Trump.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
I might suggest an addition.

There are many RINO's out there who have effectively abandoned American principle.

If a Repub said 1+1=2, most of the news media, social media, public ed, would twist-distort-misrepresent the statement to present it as false. And much of the brainwashed populace would swallow such.

If AOC said 1+1=5.5, which she learned in her fifth grade calculus class, the same media would ignore it, downplay it, or twist-distort-misrepresent the statement to present it as the truth.

Often it's a lose/lose scenario.

That doesn't mean Repubs shouldn't stand up for correct principles.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Hypocritical, hilarious AOC says calling border crisis a 'surge' invokes white supremacy

Separate commentary from a lake-friend's post:

quote:
AOC is as dumb as a soap dish

Apologies to soap dishes everywhere. She was recently quoted as taking exception to the use of the term "surge" of migrants at the border, supposedly by white supremacists. She claimed they were children, not "insurgents". I will say for the record that it appears that anyone with a basic understanding of the English language regardless of their race are now and forever to be classified as white supremacists.

As a former bartender myself I can only say that 90% of current and former bartenders would know how abjectly stupid this statement is and the other 9.999% would just consider it unintelligable. That would leave the 0.001% who are as dumb as this loon. But hey, she's a member of Congress. Granted, this is nothing new for her and it started the moment she ran but this is a memorable one for sure. I can assure you, she is literally that dumb and the poster child for why affirmative action is a way bad idea. Whatever she paid for her degrees was money totally wasted.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post