SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I’ve visited 44 States - How about you?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’ve visited 44 States - How about you? Login/Join 
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
47 excepting Ore. Wash, AK. Was in Camden for 15 minutes on a wrong turn out of Philly. I'm counting that.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Excise me but I'll fall back on age as a defense.As memory serves, other than Alaska, I've been to all lower 40 states (some just driving through and perhaps a coffee and a gas fill up) along with Hawaii several times and several islands. I don't know what that all means, as I think to "feel the vibe" of the state you need to live there awhile. Given that constraint, I'd be down to 7 states.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
On a related note...

Driving the entire perimeter of the lower 48 is on my bucket list, as close to the border/coast as practical anyway. NOT all at once. Cool So far the closest part is done, Washington DC to the Mississippi river.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's a cool idea!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
While attending law school one of my professors made a big deal of holding the Guinness World Record for being the first person to visit every county in all 50 states.

On the first day of every semester he'd go around the room and ask everyone where they were from and he'd tell them the county. He had a really good memory and did a lot better than people thought he would. He kept receipts from every county as his proof.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 48 contiguous states. Mostly for business. Turned down Alaska and Hawaii and sent someone else on my staff. Just had no desire to go.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I've been to all but 3 or 4 Northeastern States. I've also been to the territories...

I've been to more countries than states though.

Years ago people use to make those state maps and put them in their profiles. I think we had a thread here where everyone shared their states visited maps and countries visited maps.

That was fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Lived in 6 states, but haven’t visited all that many. I’ve barely been in the Eastern Time Zone at all.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
21 states and 8 foreign countries. I need to get out more. Haven't visited NE US at all except DC.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every state, plus all the territories (Guam, etc.).

Every continent, except Antarctica. One of these days.

Nearly every country. There may be few unvisited, but I can't think of any off hand.

Iraq had the best visibility I can recall seeing, early this morning. More lights than I can recall before. Djibouti, yesterday. Those ripped up towns destroyed by tornados, the disaster scenes on TV, look like the Taj Mahal, compared to the housing for miles around Djibouti. Extreme poverty.

I hate travel. Always have. There is more than enough to see within the borders of the US that one could never see a fraction of it, and live a long life. Then again, how many people have really seen their own state? There's no shortage of variety to be had without going very far, no matter where.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I'll add a twist to this. Of the 48 I've visited, I've spent an overnight in 40 of them.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I need three states (ND, MT and ID) and one territory (American Samoa) to complete the set.
Not including the uninhabited islands/atolls in my list.

Lived in 11 states long enough to regularly receive mail addressed to me there.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have been to or through all 50 states. My last ones were NH, VT, and ME in 2005 and Alaska in 2007. I think I've at least stopped for gas or food in every one.

I have also been to all the Canadian Provinces except the most northern 2 (NW Territory and Nunavut). However I only went through Saskatchewan on the train and didn't get off there.

I have been to all countries in the British Isles except North Ireland. I've been to almost all of western Europe and the Baltic, and a good part of eastern Europe. I've been to China, Iran, Greece, and Turkey (Italy as part of western Europe), but none of the eastern Adriatic Sea countries. Some of the Aegean Sea islands, Kenya in Africa, and Australia and New Zealand. A few places in Mexico and the Caribbean Sea, but no South America or Antarctica.

I do consider myself to be well-traveled.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been to every state, but don't believe I ever spent any more time in Delaware than the time to drive through it on the interstate and to catch for a MAC flight or two out of Dover AFB.

I've lived in:
Texas 3 different times
Alabama 3 different times
Virginia 2 different times
Massachusetts 2 different times
Connecticut
Rhode Island
Hawaii
Florida
Newfoundland
Tennessee.

Moved a lot as a kid (Coast Guard brat) and then on my own when I was in the Coast Guard. 14 moves, 8 states and one province for the CG over 42 years (combined) and only 1 state as a civilian for the past 20. Finally settled down here in TN after I retired from the CG. After moving every three years or so most of my life I never would have thought I would spend this much time in one state.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSlaug
posted Hide Post
Lived in 7. Visited or been in 47.

Posts: 135 | Location: Flower Mound, TX | Registered: July 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
41 total, lived, business, travel, and visiting/vacation, including a few "barely" like Fryar Drop Zone Airborne School 1986 in Alabama, KY airport for two business trips to Cincinatti. NE and UT driving from CA to VA (via IL) for a move as a kid.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Surrounded by
Fruit Loops
Picture of Baran
posted Hide Post
I used to do field service, been to 47/50. Only ones not visited Alaska, Nevada and South Dakotah.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Happy Valley, MA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have lived in only 4 countries: USA, Canada (Labrador), Iran, and Germany--more than a year each place. I've been a resident in Arizona (birth state, 1 year), California (3 times, more than a year each), Michigan (18 years), Oregon (4 years), South Carolina (4 years), Illinois (2 years), and Texas (42 years). I have also spent significant time (mail changes) in Alabama, New York, and Arkansas. I also lived 10 months on Johnston Island (central Pacific Ocean).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've visited quite a few states, either just over 40 or just under 40. We live in an incredibly beautiful country but unfortunately there's a number of ignorant Americans allowing a handful of people to destroy it.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I’ve got 12 in the past 3 days

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post