SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Major Ruling on Ballot Verification in Pennsylvania
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Major Ruling on Ballot Verification in Pennsylvania Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ion-lawsuit-n2637084

As a result of an appeal filed by the Republican National Committee, the U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals ruled 2-1 late Wednesday that mail-in ballots without dates or with unqualified dates cannot be counted in Pennsylvania elections.

"In the November 2020 and November 2022 elections, thousands of Pennsylvania mail-in voters did not comply with the date requirement.

Some voters omitted the date altogether, others put shortened or obviously incorrect dates. As county boards took different approaches to enforcing the date requirement, litigation began, and the Materiality Provision took center stage. A panel of this Court ruled this federal law does apply outside the voter registration context and was violated by the date requirement now (again) before us. But that decision has since been vacated as moot by the Supreme Court. Ritter v. Migliori, 143 S. Ct. 297 (2022)," the ruling states.

"The validity of enforcing the date requirement thus remained uncertain as a matter of federal law. But the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania soon settled the issue for state law purposes. See Ball v. Chapman, 289 A.3d 1, 20-23 (Pa. 2023). It unanimously agreed the command in Pennsylvania’s Election Code that mail-in voters 'shall . . . date' the declaration was 'unambiguous and mandatory' as a matter of statutory interpretation; so omitting the date, or incorrectly dating the return envelope, 'render[s] a ballot invalid” under Pennsylvania law,' the ruling continues.

The RNC is declaring a victory for election integrity.

“This is a crucial victory for election integrity and voter confidence in the Keystone State and nationwide. Pennsylvanians deserve to feel confident in the security of their mail ballots, and this 3rd Circuit ruling roundly rejects unlawful left-wing attempts to count undated or incorrectly dated mail ballots. Republicans will continue to fight and win for election integrity in courts across the country ahead of the 2024 election," RNC Chairman Michael Whatley released in a statement.

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Excellent

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
This is a good thing!

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the people cheating will be more careful next time ..

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

Whatever you do, do NOT see this as a GOOD thing!!!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Continue cheating just don’t forget to date it.
I’m not sure how it will help.

Posts: 951 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
quote:

Miserable people demand everyone else to be miserable.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where's your white flag?
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
Where's your white flag?

The surrender line forms... somewhere other than this forum.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Finally!!

Now next, if we could straighten out that part where ONLY legislature can change voting laws in PA.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
quote:

I'm not miserable . Just skeptical .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What you need to be is conscious of where you are right now. I don't like members trying to turn victories into defeats, and don't tell me that is not what you were doing, because that is precisely what you were doing.

If you feel to compelled to try to bring people down by saying that we cannot win, no matter what, do it elsewhere.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It's a step in the right direction. I suspect this will prevent some cheating. The dems aren't a very bright bunch or hard working so enacting more voting verification will greatly diminish their cheating as I believe many won't follow through with too much more effort. Make it easy to cheat and they absolutely will. Make it harder to cheat and in typical dem fashion they will quit.

If anyone with 1/2 a mind didn't see how thousands of votes came in overnight voting for a single candidate wasn't cheating, there's no helping them. It was statistically impossible. It was like asking 10,000 people if they wanted beef or chicken but the vendor selling chicken was the one counting the votes. By some miracle, all 10,000 votes were for chicken.

Or it was like flipping a coin 10,000 times and it landed heads 10,000 times.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Perfect is the enemy of good.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My question would be... who's going to stop them?

Let's say, theoretically, someone illegally scanned in a bunch of fake ballots last time. Are they NOT going to do it this time because they don't have dates on them?

Seems as silly as gun free zone signs stopping crime.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
cas, I'm going to speculate there will be checks and balances in place, with both parties inspecting, to make sure any mailed in ballots meet the now-REQUIRED date standards.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Of course you’re not. That’s why you’re only talking to me in this thread, and ignoring questions being asked directly to you by the owner. Yep, skeptical. That’s got to be it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
cas, I'm going to speculate there will be checks and balances in place, with both parties inspecting, to make sure any mailed in ballots meet the now-REQUIRED date standards.

That's a nice idea, but I seriously suspect that's all it will be.

Criminals don't stop being criminals because yet another law was added to the many they were already ignoring. (Especially when no one's enforcing them. Even more so when they don't think they're criminals, but just doing what's right and needs to be done.)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Of course you’re not. That’s why you’re only talking to me in this thread, and ignoring questions being asked directly to you by the owner. Yep, skeptical. That’s got to be it.
What question did Para ask me ?

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:

Kind of a defeatist outlook, don't you think?

Trump has taken over the RNC, with Whatley and Lara Trump heading the org. Their highest priority is dealing with ballot fraud, unlike McDaniel's who left recently. You can bet rulings and decisions by courts and legislatures will keep happening in the coming months, all the way up to November.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What question did Para ask me ?

Uhhh hint, it's on this page! It went something like this...Well actually, it went exactly like this:

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Where's your white flag?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post