SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And in other news....."Cancel Culture" cancels Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And in other news....."Cancel Culture" cancels Thomas Jefferson Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
In another 250 years... Everybody in the US will know who Thomas Jefferson was, and nobody in the US will know who any of these nobodies were.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Just wait until Jefferson is removed from the twenty dollar bill...
Jefferson is on the TWO dollar bill. Alexander Hamilton is on the TWENTY, but who knows...he may be cancelled next!

Error correction: Jefferson is on the $2 bill, but Hamilton is on the $10 and Jackson is “currently” on the $20. I say “currently” as Harriet Tubman’s face was supposed to replace Jackson, but “politics” seemed to have intervened; now, who knows when.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...aff7d9a0d_story.html

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Well crap...EVERYBODY is all jacked up!!! Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Those who didn’t pay attention during history class want to rewrite it…

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the rate inflation is going now, the twenty will be worth two dollars soon.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post