SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And in other news....."Cancel Culture" cancels Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And in other news....."Cancel Culture" cancels Thomas Jefferson Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ers-commission-rules

Thomas Jefferson statue to be removed from New York City Chambers, commission rules
Mayor's wife said to 'highlight such an individual is not really who we are as a council'

The New York City Public Design Commission voted unanimously to remove a statue of Thomas Jefferson, the author of the Declaration of Independence and the third president of the United States, from the New York City Council's chambers at City Hall.

The commission debated a plan to loan the 187-year-old statue, which has resided inside City Hall since 1833, to the New York Historical Society in order "to protect the artwork and provide opportunities to exhibit it within an educational and historical context." Yet Commission President Signe Nielsen opposed the plan because the society is a private institution that charges a $22 entrance fee. The statue's future remains uncertain.

Yet the commission voted unanimously to remove the author of the Declaration of Independence from its legislative chamber by the end of the year, The New York Post reported.
[/snip]

Where is para's comet??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

Many of us said at the time that you can't make the argument for taking down Confederate statues without making the argument for taking down the Founding Fathers.

Guess who was right?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reality now is, tear down any & everything that made our country great. I hope they stored TJ perfectly because he’s coming back out when we take America back.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Soon they’ll be putting trains together

Posts: 13157 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Many of us said at the time that you can't make the argument for taking down Confederate statues without making the argument for taking down the Founding Fathers.

Guess who was right?
Bama.....I was saying that even BEFORE the Confederate statues started being TORN down. I said that the day Nikki Haley took down the Confederate Flag over the South Carolina capitol to MUCH fanfare and glee of those in attendance. I told my friends, "That will NEVER be enough for them".

I think she did a wonderful job at the UN for President Trump, but I will hold that action against her until the day I perish from this earth. She showed her pure cowardice that day......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
"Keep people from their history, and they are easily controlled."

"Take away a nation's heritage and they are more easily persuaded."

Karl Marx

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
They are reving up to delegitimize the constitution and bill of rights. This is the objective. The method is progressivism which is one seemingly benign step at a time into destruction.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29596 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

But with Buttigieg in charge of the Dept of Transportation, they’ll never “run”, much less “on time”.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

But with Buttigieg in charge of the Dept of Transportation, they’ll never “run”, much less “on time”.

So we got that goin’ for us

Posts: 13157 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
They did the same shit at UVA. They will never be satisfied.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1853 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Look at the age of the people doing this stuff, and look at the age of the people fighting it. Tell me when we're going to "take America back" when we're essentially dying off, and the education welfare complex is indoctrinating the yougins.

quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Reality now is, tear down any & everything that made our country great. I hope they stored TJ perfectly because he’s coming back out when we take America back.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Look at the age of the people doing this stuff, and look at the age of the people fighting it. Tell me when we're going to "take America back" when we're essentially dying off, and the education welfare complex is indoctrinating the yougins.

quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

I take it you don’t interact much with 10-25 year olds, especially the kids of immigrants? They are the ones that put up with this bullshit regularly, and have the most to lose. When push comes to shove, they will fight back against this.

Nothing is forever, but the tide will change.

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
These people are stupid. They have never once cracked open a book or read thousands upon thousands of pages of literature on Jefferson or Washington but they see fit to delete them. Who are they to delete anyone? If I had the power of Google I could prove them to be equally flawed human beings just based off their historical google search history. Those who seek to cancel people whom they don’t understand should be perpetually ridiculed and harassed for their idiotic behavior.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mayor's wife said to 'highlight such an individual is not really who we are as a council'
Then the problem is not Jefferson or his statue, but rather, the un-American filth soiling the city council chambers. Pure human garbage from top to bottom running NYC. Stick a fork in that city, its done.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jefferson being a slave owner is the most obvious and disingenuous reason to remove him.
His advocacy of individual rights and limited government are what they really hate.
Just wait until Jefferson is removed from the twenty dollar bill and a real intellectual hero like George Floyd is put there instead.
And that still won't be enough.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3501 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Those who seek to cancel people whom they don’t understand should be perpetually ridiculed and harassed for their idiotic behavior cancelled.

But in the nicest way. Smile

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I don’t see how anyone could be surprised about this.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
So, how much longer before we start to get a re-design of coins and currency; after all everyone whose portrait is on anyone of those items is a WHITE GUY, with a couple being slave owners or other unacceptable backgrounds. That is, unless the FedTreasury withdraws all such monetary media and forces everyone to use the govt-approved cards so that purchases can be tracked/controlled.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Just wait until Jefferson is removed from the twenty dollar bill...
Jefferson is on the TWO dollar bill. Alexander Hamilton is on the TWENTY, but who knows...he may be cancelled next!

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
at what point does their actions become a declaration of war against Americans

Posts: 53074 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post