SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Vegan activists" (not a real thing) versus trucker (a real thing)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Vegan activists" (not a real thing) versus trucker (a real thing) Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Veganism is a cult of control.
And they'll attack those who have left the cult too.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39770 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Everything leftists do stems from the need to control others, while they, themselves, run amok.

They sow the seeds of their own destruction, because one day, a sufficient number of people will have had enough, and then, the least of their worries will be about what others choose to eat.

Posts: 107722 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I've been catching up on my Yellowstone episodes. I recently watched the episode where John had that protester Summer up to the lodge. When he first met her, she was going on and on about animals and vegan. I loved his response when he said "to grow your food, the ground gets plowed, and hundreds of animals die in the process. Every snake, rabbit, worm, and insect will die. Tell me, just how cute does and animal have to be before you care?"

That's a quote from memory, but it makes a good point. Every vegan is a hypocrite. The only way for you to ensure nothing dies for your food is to die yourself.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a quote from memory, but it makes a good point. Every vegan is a hypocrite. The only way for you to ensure nothing dies for your food is to die yourself.

Veganism is an artificial lifestyle. Depending on modern agriculture and distribution systems.
In the advent of a breakdown, veganism will fail.
Especially in the winter when vegetables won't grow.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39770 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its a good thing the truck was able to stop in time

I don't think anyone realizes just how tough it is to get dead vegan out of the tire treads

Posts: 53228 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A pleasant trip down memory lane. September, 2020.

"OHMYGOD!!!! WHAT JUST HAPPENED???!!!"

Well, missy, I'll tell ya- it looks like a guy jumped onto the hood of a police cruiser and fell right the fuck off. He bounced a bit, lost his hat, ended up looking like a jackass, but he lived, unfortunately.

Does that clear things up for you?

Posts: 107722 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Physics. Yep, it's still a thing Big Grin!

Posts: 8654 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ If they’d only had a job to go to …

Posts: 11862 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I've been catching up on my Yellowstone episodes. I recently watched the episode where John had that protester Summer up to the lodge. When he first met her, she was going on and on about animals and vegan. I loved his response when he said "to grow your food, the ground gets plowed, and hundreds of animals die in the process. Every snake, rabbit, worm, and insect will die. Tell me, just how cute does and animal have to be before you care?"

This is a fact, not to mention groundhogs, prairie dogs, crows, etc., killed to protect crops. Deer and other animals that occasionally get hit by farm equipment.

Here is my gripe with vegans and vegetarian activists, if you want to eat a specific way, fine! Go for it! Enjoy! But for gods sake stop telling me how to live my life.

Do they see meat eating activists standing in front of soy bean farms protesting the fact that it could be a cattle ranch? Do they carnivores standing in the produce section of Kroger with signs saying "EAT MEAT NOT SQUASH!" or "SAVE THE MOLES!!!"? Do they have large groups standing outside a farmers market yelling "VEG HEAD!!", "BEAN KILLER", "YOU'RE EATING THE FOOD OF MY FOOD!!!".

Stop telling us what to do, get out of our faces, grow up, respect others right to choose.

BTW, I dated a woman for a short time who was vegan, and another who was but chose not to reveal that immediately. They both smelled like vegetable soup all the time.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38001 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post