SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When did we start naming winter storms?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When did we start naming winter storms? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whisp:
I breathed a sigh of relief when I got closer and realized they were just Tesla owners.

Big Grin

I sure am glad I'm on the other end of the state. The only crazy thing I've seen on the roads today was a handful of snowflakes (the frozen falls-from-the-sky kind, not the can't-do-it-if-there's-not-an-app-for-it kind) and a demented squirrel.

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I would venture to guess that some of our (northern regions, not localities) winter storms kill as many or more as some hurricanes. Especially if you include death in the aftermath like CO from generators, cold exposure, ice on roads, electrocution from downed wires, cardiac deaths from digging out. It can be a miserable deadly beast, but it's a little slower and spread out.

Posts: 11399 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post