SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Chicago Mayor At It Again: We Need City Gov't-Run Grocery Stores Now!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Chicago Mayor At It Again: We Need City Gov't-Run Grocery Stores Now! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
It's a vast circle-jerk, paid for with blood, and tax money, and only the rich (who don't care) and the grifting politicians (who profit handsomely) win.

But eventually even the rich, who think they are insulated, get hit by crime and decide to move out. Then there's no one left to pay the bills.
Then they turn to the Federal Gov. for assistance . And as long as it's run by the Dems ....

Posts: 4122 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
It is always somebody else’s fault.

True.
Johnson just blamed lighfoot.
That means they are running out of people and things (Guns, institutional racism, far right extremism...) to blame.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8389 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It's one thing to say "Hey, I inherited all these hidden problems."

It's another when the problems were all right there in the open. What kind of campaign did the guy run? Vote for me! The current mayor sucks, I have no plan to fix the issues, but I'll be sure to lay the blame at my predecessor's feet if elected.

Posts: 11192 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Well the voters should not complain because they voted him into the office.. Maybe he was the lesser of other evil choices... And for those that say that I did not vote at all need to sit down and shut up and go along for the ride.......... drill sgt.

Posts: 2053 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
so, to expand,

my last gig as a Grocery Store Manager was in a downtown, as in hood, store between a Black University and a liberal University,

theft was off the chain, but sales were too,

in the City, so support from the police was delayed, as in call in for a shoplifter and at least 30 minutes before you saw a cop, if not more,

once the cops got there, they would pick up a few more

VCU students stole
VUU students saw that and stole more,
and the hood folks had hood uber ( it is a thing) drop them off and they would try to run thru Self Checkout and pay for maybe 1/3rd of what they had,

self checkout clerk, (yes, I replaced many) would miss a lot,,

sales then, and this was in 2015, were 8-900K a week, more during holidays, and less during the summer when kids were at home, vs college,

and profits were better in that store than several , combined burbs store,

BTW,, if you you think you daughter was going to be good in College,,,,

hah,

you could tell when the parents were in town because the college girls would wear bras, and dress decent,
otherwise, not so much

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10465 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/joeymannarinous/...778383771320586?s=46

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the last jackass that said something like this was Juicy booty

"This is MAGA country"....

How did that lie turn out for him?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8389 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And yet another perspective:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...d059b031404d9f&ei=22

Chicago Mayor Blames ‘Right-Wing Extremists’ for City’s Problems

One quote - I'll let you read the rest at the link - "He also criticized the Republican party, referencing historical events and claiming that right-wing extremists are still upset about a black man being free in the country."

Posts: 2779 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bring back Richard J. Daley. Here is his attitude towards crime:

Posts: 17366 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post