Notify
Tools

Deodorant Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
The crystals are alum. I wouldn't recommend them.

Why? Crystal alum deodorant employs safe forms such as potassium alum or ammonium alum. These are natural crystals that are better for the body than their toxic aluminum counterparts such as aluminum chlorohydrate or aluminum zirconium typically are found in antiperspirants available in stores.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Alum is basically potassium aluminum sulfate. Some sources will say it's safe, others not so much.

When reading about this stuff some years back, I did discover that aluminum is pretty much everywhere, so it's pretty difficult to avoid it altogether. Given that, I do my best to avoid it when I know about it and when I can.

I could be wrong as I'm no chemist, but with other alternatives that are known safe, it wasn't worth the risk for me.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Alum is basically potassium aluminum sulfate. Some sources will say it's safe, others not so much.

When reading about this stuff some years back, I did discover that aluminum is pretty much everywhere, so it's pretty difficult to avoid it altogether. Given that, I do my best to avoid it when I know about it and when I can.

I could be wrong as I'm no chemist, but with other alternatives that are known safe, it wasn't worth the risk for me.

^^^ I agree.Stopped using these products ten ears ago. Tom's of Mane works for me.
Cheers

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using Bravo Sierra for a few years now. Veteran owned, they donate to good causes and it seems to work quite well. Deodorant only. Stopped using the aluminum containing stuff a while ago.

Posts: 2198 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post