New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deodorant Login/Join 
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Native Deodorant works fantastic for my wife and I. I use the charcoal version, but they have many different scents. Doesn't have all the chemicals of the others.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Secret...

strong enough for a man...

I use some variety of Dove for men,

works, kinda, as long as I don't get all sweaty,
I am not natured and can sweat in a moment, so nothing really lasts long if I am working physically enough

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Secret...

strong enough for a man...

It really is their Secret! The stuff works! You should at least try it...
Some have a very mild scent, but you won't stink any longer Smile

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3931 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using Mennan Speed Stick forever. Never been a fan of antiperspirants

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Old Spice

on the back of the product it says:

"If your grandfather hadn't used it, you wouldn't exist"

Posts: 10939 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ +1

Posts: 169 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I give it a one two punch... works well for me.

Try this...
First... don't skip this... use Safeguard antibacterial soap when showering, then use the Degree Antiperspirant/Deodorant before dressing.

NOT one of the Simi-clear almost gel looking Degree flavors, they simply don't work as well.

Has to be one of the white/solid ones. And don't be stingy with the application.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
Native Deodorant works fantastic for my wife and I. I use the charcoal version, but they have many different scents. Doesn't have all the chemicals of the others.

Native for us too. I haven’t used an anti-perspirant for a long time. AFAIK, Mitchum mentioned a few times, is an anti-perspirant. I used that brand’s unscented for a long time. Ruined t-shirts for years, and I’m uncomfortable smearing aluminum chlorohydrate or aluminium-zirconium tetrachlorohydrate on my underarms everyday. Deodorant only now.

Posts: 13302 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hose your pits down with WD-40. Long-lasting and boy do them arms slide so smooth...

Posts: 107732 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hose your pits down with WD-40. Long-lasting and boy do them arms slide so smooth...

Before or after the application of Hoppes No.9? Razz

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I completely over looked the Hoppes.. Big Grin

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Before or after the application of Hoppes No.9? Razz

Hoppes goes on after…..DUH! Then you don’t even need cologne! Big Grin

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys slay me! Thanks for the laughs!

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2895 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
For some reason when I wear polyester or stretchy spandex shirts I’ll get armpit odor. Nothing with cotton though. I don’t like and don’t use antiperspirants. Deodorants only.

Posts: 45394 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
For what it’s worth, I did read an article awhile back that said we should apply the deo/antiperspirant at night, before bed…something about the pores being more open to allow the deo/antiperspirant to get in there and do its thing. But, I never remember to do that. I always shower in the AM and apply afterwards.

I like the Degree Active, and usually look for the highest percentage of the active ingredient.

Posts: 741 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I use NutriBiotic products that contain grapefruit seed extract in both deodorant and tooth paste.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/nutri...ted-2-6-oz-75-g/4729

https://www.iherb.com/pr/nutri...vEAQYASABEgKKU_D_BwE

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
+1 for the crystal stuff. I have to be sure to use it right after I shower, and it works well.

This may sound odd, but swimming in the ocean also helps with BO/bathing with Epsom salts etc might do the same thing.

Posts: 5748 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The crystals are alum. I wouldn't recommend them.

It's tough to say. Millions of people use aluminum pit sticks and don't get Alzheimer's...but some do. You pays your money...you takes your chances.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My dermatologist said to try applying and spreading a little dab of Desinex extra strength Baby Diaper cream (40% zinc) when scented deodorant and anti perspirants gave me armpit rash.It’s seemed to be very effective at fixing the rash (and fortunately at eliminating B.O.)

Posts: 26942 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
+1 for the crystal stuff. I have to be sure to use it right after I shower, and it works well.

I use this as well and so far so good. I also use Old Spice anti-per., but sometimes depending on how much I sweat, I need to reapply it.

Posts: 6904 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post