SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Meaningful Quote To You Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Meaningful Quote To You Thread Login/Join 
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
A favorite of mine, from the Great Seal of the state of South Carolina, and in my signature line, translated: "Prepared in Mind and Resources".

Along with this one on the Great Seal of the state of South Carolina, translated: "While I Breathe I Hope".

Both of these are inspiring.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1357 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
If your horse doesn't want to go there, neither do you.

- I don't know who first said it, but he was a wise man

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
"You can play now and pay later, or pay now and play later."
My Dad.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
--Groucho Marx

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is better to keep quiet be be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Mark Twaine

JIm

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Luck is the residue of design - Branch Rickey

Posts: 598 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Minnow:
A favorite of mine, from the Great Seal of the state of South Carolina, and in my signature line, translated: "Prepared in Mind and Resources".

Along with this one on the Great Seal of the state of South Carolina, translated: "While I Breathe I Hope".

Both of these are inspiring.

"Dum Spiro Spero" is also the motto of the town of St. Andrews, Scotland. Especially true of diehard golfers.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
This is a critically important reminder for my day job:

"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong."

R.P. Feynman.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 673 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2391 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Who flies afar from the sphere of their sorrow, is here today and here tomorrow.

James Thurber

Posts: 12233 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Meaningful Quote To You Thread

Cattle die

kinsmen die

all men are mortal.

Words of praise

will never perish

nor a noble name.

---The Havamal

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post