SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In today's edition of douchebag harasses guy, douchebag gets shot by guy...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In today's edition of douchebag harasses guy, douchebag gets shot by guy... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I don't train drawing and firing a single shot.

Posts: 655 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy definitely "deserved" to get shot, but even though the legality of a self-defense shoot doesn't change, I strongly suspect that if the shooter had killed the douchebag that the jury might have found differently.

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Noticed that the twatterX guy has said many times its a bad shoot, I've run across several people like that, mostly during the Travon Martin debate, lot of gun owners who blamed the victim for getting into the situation in the first place which in this case is nonsense.

This 9mm_smg seems to follow that mentality, because of the way the guys were acting there was no way to know it wasn't going to get worse, and and Edmond said, if you wait for the punch, you already lost..

Guess these folks live in a flee-first state of mind. I've seen a few of this dickheads videos pop up on a feed, he pushes the limits of people and usually gets the opportunity to stop before getting his ass beat, this time he misjudged the reaction.

Small guy, hands full, multiple threats, and yes they are threats regardless of them being "performance artists" I'm surprised the guy hasn't had his ass handed to him more often.

Frankly watching him harass someone then seeing a bouncer type guy come in and bust his ass would be more entertaining, maybe he should get into that..

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I'm surprised the guy hasn't had his ass handed to him more often.

They're predators, they're not going after people who look like they would get physical quick. You think these idiots would approach a muscular guy or someone with cauliflower ears?

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
I'm surprised the guy hasn't had his ass handed to him more often.

They're predators, they're not going after people who look like they would get physical quick. You think these idiots would approach a muscular guy or someone with cauliflower ears?

No they wouldn't, what I said was I'm surprised that someone else hasn't stepped in to defend the person they are attacking

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Noticed that the twatterX guy has said many times its a bad shoot, I've run across several people like that, mostly during the Travon Martin debate, lot of gun owners who blamed the victim for getting into the situation in the first place which in this case is nonsense.

This 9mm_smg seems to follow that mentality, because of the way the guys were acting there was no way to know it wasn't going to get worse, and and Edmond said, if you wait for the punch, you already lost..

People don't realize how fast these situations happen. The victim is usually well behind the curve, not realizing what is happening at first. The attacker is experienced and has a plan.

Even when the victim is aware of a situation developing, like in this event, the entire thing only takes seconds from beginning to end.

When naysayers go through realistic training exercises their eyes are opened.

Posts: 9482 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I don't think I would have drawn and fired unless that haymaker was thrown, however.

You already lost at that point.

If that punch doesn't knock you out, you are likely going backwards and it's 2 against 1 at very close range. Not enough time or distance for you to draw and defend yourself. Get you on the ground and start stomping you, you aren't getting up.

Many of us here are "older" and simply cannot physically match these kids.

You're right of course that one good punch might be all it takes. I'm also now among the "older" crowd, plus have orthopedic issues that limit my ability to run. Definitely something to think about, thanks.

Posts: 7274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're right of course that one good punch might be all it takes. I'm also now among the "older" crowd, plus have orthopedic issues that limit my ability to run.
I carry a cane.

http://www.selfdefensecanes.com/cane-fu.html

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30729 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HKAngusKL,

Posts: 716 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I carry a cane.

http://www.selfdefensecanes.com/cane-fu.html

I carry an ice pick. Just in case someone wants to stick their hands in my face in traffic.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--...Automatic-OTF--33177

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34138 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I don't think I would have drawn and fired unless that haymaker was thrown, however.

You already lost at that point.

If that punch doesn't knock you out, you are likely going backwards and it's 2 against 1 at very close range. Not enough time or distance for you to draw and defend yourself. Get you on the ground and start stomping you, you aren't getting up.

This.

There was a lot of aggression being displayed by the guy who got shot, it was 2 against 1, and verbal commands to cease the aggression were ignored.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10938 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pace40:
I don't train drawing and firing a single shot.

One was all it took? Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13520 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
The more I've been thinking about it, what really tickles me is the walking away part.

Blam!...Walk away.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The world needs fewer douchebags and from my perspective thinning the herd was the right answer.

We need to start doing things that makes anti-social and aberrant behavior far more risky today than yesterday.

Give them real consequences for being douchebags.

Thin them enough and the behavior will change.

An armed society is a polite society and the o my way to get a polite society back is to cull out the deviants.

Posts: 53229 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
...it was 2 against 1
As noted previously, it's FOUR, FOUR, FOUR, against ONE.

The guys filming the posted video are with this douche too. It's not JUST the 2 in the video frame.

quote:
“Cook, 21, acknowledged that he and a cohort approached Colie at the mall’s food court while two others filmed the prank from a short distance away.”

There were 4 guys following him, with one of them directly up in his face. Screw these punks.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
...it was 2 against 1
As noted previously, it's FOUR, FOUR, FOUR, against ONE.

The guys filming the posted video are with this douche too. It's not JUST the 2 in the video frame.

quote:
“Cook, 21, acknowledged that he and a cohort approached Colie at the mall’s food court while two others filmed the prank from a short distance away.”

There were 4 guys following him, with one of them directly up in his face. Screw these punks.

I always practice a scan of the area after shooting. The gun goes down slightly so it is not blocking my view, and I scan side to side in order to ensure no other threats are there.

When shooting IDPA or even at an indoor range, this practice ingrains the muscle memory. Immediately holstering and/or walking away could leave one exposed to a second attack. With 4 perps involved, I would probably have my gun out and ready after the first guy was shot.

Posts: 9482 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
I scan side to side in order to ensure no other threats are there

As long as you’re building muscle memory, don’t forget to check your 6 in your scan.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15623 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

As long as you’re building muscle memory, don’t forget to check your 6 in your scan.

How many fingers was the instructor holding up?

Posts: 14689 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

How many fingers was the instructor holding up?

Ten, plus two thumbs.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I'm too physically busted up to get in fights with big young men, too fucked up to run.

That's where I am. I'm a big imposing looking dude. But reality is, my neck/spine are so screwed up, you could punch me in the arm, only semi hard, and I'd go down like I was struck by lightening. Would a jury believe/care? Hope I never have to find out.

I don't know about shooting em, but these idiots need a beating or twelve.

Posts: 21122 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post