SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In today's edition of douchebag harasses guy, douchebag gets shot by guy...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In today's edition of douchebag harasses guy, douchebag gets shot by guy... Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Dos anyone have the video from another source? My iPad won’t play twatter videos for some reason.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7963 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Dos anyone have the video from another source? My iPad won’t play twatter videos for some reason.

I wish I could hear audio, this is a rare Twitter video I can actually see. I've forgotten the specifics of the incident. From the quick clip dude shows him something on his phone and is shot. Is he threatening him?

So close to home (3mi), ate lunch there many times and serviced a number of the places electrical systems. Glad I wasn't there that day.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I was pranked in a local grocery store last year. I was armed of course but since I gave the prankster no valuable footage other than a condescending insult, he sheepishly left me alone. If I believed the prankster was escalating and I felt trapped, you’d better believe I would have put two center of mass. I’m an easy target. It’s clear I’m no longer in the prime of my life. Against a young aggressive ignoramus with likely no moral boundaries, my only advantage is surprise and superior weapons.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6340 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So.... this shit passes for "entertainment"? And I have reached the age where if I am faced with younger, stronger and faster I am thinking threat. Even more so if there are multiples of younger, stronger and faster.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
What a jackass. My natural reaction would have been to punch the asshole right through his phone into his nose.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Manners
Have some
Or not
Get shot

Posts: 11007 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Two or perhaps three against one, with one of them considerably larger than the delivery guy getting belligerent in his face and then pursuing him after he tried to break contact with douche...

From the article in Para’s post. . .

“Cook, 21, acknowledged that he and a cohort approached Colie at the mall’s food court while two others filmed the prank from a short distance away.”

I would guess that the shooter was ‘situationally aware’ of the 4-on-1 wolf-pack closing in on him and pursuing him despite his clear orders to STOP, and when they didn’t they crossed over the FAFO line of a justified self-defense shooting.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peteroniman:
I bet he got a lot of clicks on that one.

if more of this was happening, then less of this would happen.

He got one click.

Just one.

From the sear releasing.

It went < click > < BANG! >.

More clicks could have been fatal.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31481 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Yep. I stand corrected Cookster; four miscreants not two or three.

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t say I would have shot him, but I’m glad the jury acquitted him. That little shit is lucky. He’s making a living harassing people and hiding behind the first amendment. The whole lot of them are bullies and cowards. His buddies got off easy.

Posts: 971 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm why SigForum can't
have nice things
Picture of Thayer
posted Hide Post
An armed society is a polite society.

Posts: 9817 | Location: Heart of the Ozarks  | Registered: June 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://bearingarms.com/camedw...-self-defense-n75470

Defendant stuck behind bars even though Virginia jury says shooting of YouTube "prankster" was self-defense

Colie pleaded not guilty and said he was acting in self defense.

The verdict came Thursday after about five hours of deliberation. Three hours in, the jury sent out a note saying it was “divided in terms of whether the defendant acted in self defense.”

Loudoun County Circuit Court Judge Matthew Snow called the jury back into the courtroom around 3:30 p.m. and urged them to continue deliberations, a standard admonition given to juries that indicate they are deadlocked.

The jury then delivered its verdicts at the end of the day.

Pouilliard said during Thursday’s closing arguments that his client felt menaced by the 6-foot-5 (1.95-meter-tall) Cook during the confrontation, which was designed to provoke a reaction and to draw viewers to Cook’s YouTube channel.

[Tanner] Cook, [Defense attorney Adam] Pouilliard said, “is trying to confuse people to post videos. He’s not worried that he’s scaring people. He keeps doing this.”

Jurors saw video of the shooting, which captures the confrontation between Cook and Colie lasting less than 30 seconds. The footage shows Cook approaching Colie as he picks up a food order. Cook looms over Colie while holding a cellphone about 6 inches (15 centimeters) from Colie’s face. The phone broadcasts the phrase “Hey dips—, quit thinking about my twinkle” multiple times through a Google Translate app.

In the video, Colie says “stop” three different times and tries to back away from Cook, who continues to advance. Colie tries to knock the phone away from his face before pulling out a gun and shooting Cook in the lower left chest. There is no pause between the moment he draws the weapon and fires the shot.

While prosecutors claimed that Colie had no reasonable fear of injury, death, or great bodily harm from Cook’s aggression, the jury clearly saw things differently. But the jury’s decision to convict Colie on the count of discharging a firearm within a building is puzzling, given that they also believed the DoorDash driver was lawfully defending his life when he pulled the trigger.

As a result of the jury’s mixed decision Colie is still behind bars, though his attorney will get a chance to make the case that the sole charge he was convicted of should be thrown out a hearing next month. Poulliard maintains that the jury’s finding is “inconsistent with the law”, and I think he’s absolutely right. If Colie was justified in using deadly force to defend himself, then why he is still being punished for that use of force?

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Japan FINALLY got enough of Johnny Somali and arrested his punk ass. Took months of this shit.

That fuck has been roaming around Japan insulting and harassing Japanese citizens for months, he's gotten a few comeuppance shots from Americans (guy from Texas no less) who's recognized him but, he finally got nabbed after fucking around on a construction site attempting to harass the workers there.

Waiting to hear the big name travel figures to decry 'American's behaving badly'

Then there's this asshole, who thinks these video's are 'funny' and the unwitting should be in on it. Seeing more and more of this shit, at some point, guys like this and going to get lead implants.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Interesting case...
-There is a significant size difference between the two involved, the larger clearly acting in an intimidating manner
- There was a second party visible meaning the shooter was also out numbered
- The shooter had his hands occupied with the food order
- The shootee kept closing the distance regardless of how the shooter backed away
- The shooter pushed the phone away and the shootee got more aggressive with his pursuit
- The shootee was playing a very odd message and forcing it on the shooter.

If an average person found themself in this situation I believe they would have every right to fear this would escalate.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37997 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Poulliard maintains that the jury’s finding is “inconsistent with the law”, and I think he’s absolutely right. If Colie was justified in using deadly force to defend himself, then why he is still being punished for that use of force?
Yes, it makes no sense, and though I am not an attorney, it seems clear to me that the chance of this being overturned on appeal is excellent.

The shooter is carrying money for his job- which the douchebags surely know- and given the behavior of the douchebag and his douchebag buddy, it would not be at all unreasonable for the shooter to anticipate that their behavior was an overture for strong-arm robbery. He is outnumbered and there is a significant disparity in physical stature.

When all is said and done, the shooter should eventually be exonerated.

Posts: 107715 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Right or wrong, I sincerely doubt that "prankster" will try that again.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
Right or wrong, I sincerely doubt that "prankster" will try that again.
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Emerson

https://twitter.com/9mm_smg/st.../1708240380322304167

Posts: 107715 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
The smaller they victim, the bigger the gun. The prankster probably doesn't understand basic physics.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8697 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I don't think I would have drawn and fired unless that haymaker was thrown, however.

You already lost at that point.

If that punch doesn't knock you out, you are likely going backwards and it's 2 against 1 at very close range. Not enough time or distance for you to draw and defend yourself. Get you on the ground and start stomping you, you aren't getting up.

Many of us here are "older" and simply cannot physically match these kids.

Posts: 13146 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post