SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Boy Carter went To Valhalla today.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Boy Carter went To Valhalla today. Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
He was a good dog, the best ever. He was 14. A pit lab mix. His health had been failing, he was having a hard time keeping his legs under him the last few months and lately controlling his bowels. Last night was a bad one, he woke up about 0030 whimpering and confused. he could not stand. My wife and I brought our pillows down on the floor, calmed him down and slept beside him. This morning he could walk again but not very well. I made an appointment at the vet and helped him off to Valhalla this afternoon. I dug a 5 foot deep hole this evening next to the shed. RIP Carter, you were the best!

A couple of years ago, he was still fierce looking

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Tommy.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12915 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Good boy Carter. A handsome fellow. My condolences.

Posts: 27159 | Location: Murphyville Tx | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss.

R.I.P. Carter.

Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
My condolences on the loss of your family member. He was a handsome boy.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
He's hangin' out on The Other Side with all the other Sig Forum dogs.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sorry TD, he is a sweet boy. It is never long enough but I bet you guys had a great life together.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19702 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 501 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they could only live as long as we do!! R.I.P.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear that! Only dog folks would understand sleeping on the floor for their dog.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8363 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Carter sorry for your loss.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4888 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Godspeed little fella....my heart goes out to you Tommy Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace Carter, Sorry Tommy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21105 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Rest well, Carter.
Peace to you and your family, Tommydogg.

God bless America.

Posts: 13854 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear, prayers sent.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Posts: 5748 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your pup. Losing a pet has to be one of the hardest things I’ve ever dealt with. At least you know you gave him a great life.

Posts: 3534 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
He looks like a fine fellow. Condolences to your family, and look forward to the day when we get to see our family members again.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
A fine looking gentleman! Godspeed good ole boy.

Posts: 835 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post