SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just broke a year of being nicotine free!!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just broke a year of being nicotine free!!! Login/Join 
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Good luck with continuing being nicotine free!

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Just remember how bad it sucked to quit when the temptation comes again, and it likely will. I was off copenhagen for 5 years before i got stupid and dipped another 3 years. Now off almost 4 years this second go round with new lessons learned... like "I cannot casually use tobacco".

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations - its no easy feat for sure.

I say that as a once heavy smoker who kicked the habit in 2009, my wife quit same time as well.

Wishing you many smoke free, nicotine free years!

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Absolute Congratulations!

Cigs/tobacco are terrible things for the body. Mom smoked more than 2-packs a day, quit many years ago but was just diagnosed with lung cancer and emphysema. So Congrats to you and all the others who can quit and add some years to their lives.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1378 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

It'll only get easier from here. I've been quit for nearly 10-1/2 years. Don't miss the smokes at all, any more. Haven't for some time, really.

A word of caution, though: There will be times you are tempted to have "just one." Maybe curious to see if it still tastes as good as it used to. Maybe thinking "I can handle just one." Don't do it! I quit twice before finally succeeding on the third try, and both times it was "just one" that was my downfall.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I remember your post last year when you started, sounding doubtful about your chances of success as I recall.

And look at you now! Big Grin

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12429 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Feels good doesn't it. Only someone that's kicked the habit can know that feeling. Keep up the good work and enjoy fruits of your labor!!!

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 727 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Awesome, now you will have to look for a different avatar Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4840 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Congrats, a milestone and a great thing, finding charity for others in need by eliminating a bad habit.

Interesting in that app pictures, Cigarettes not smoked 5500, in a year, holy crap that number should be incentive enough to keep you motivated...

Posts: 23488 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:

Plus 1! Congrats!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Got my big girl
breeches on!
Picture of coffeeaddict
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Best thing I ever did was quit smoking over 10 years ago. Now the smell makes me sick.

http://dressageonthequarter.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1926 | Location: TN | Registered: December 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Take a victory lap. Now, you can smell the roses in the winners circle. Dadgum auto correct.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!! Smoked for 13 years, quit for 25 years, then out of the blue I started 4 years ago to see if it would help me lose weight, dumbass I know, but I did lose 65 lbs, which was a good thing. Trying to get up the urge to quit again.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Keep going!

Posts: 4020 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
You beat me to it! I was going to suggest he get rid of the cigarette in his avatar.

Congratulations, beanshooter! Having never had the habit, I cannot truly comprehend how difficult qutting can be, but I've been told it's tough. Hang in there--your body will approve.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! I've watched people quit, it is a tough road, keep up the good work.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Christmas Eve will 6 1/2 years for me. Kind of proud of that.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been off the damn things for 24 years.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post