SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Last Update: My boys think they run great w/pic. Buying used jet skis from a private party, should I insist on a sea trial?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Update: My boys think they run great w/pic. Buying used jet skis from a private party, should I insist on a sea trial? Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

We took them out for a few hours and they ran great. I’m going to have to figure out the lift situation because trailering them sucks. The boat ramp was a zoo both times.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Thank you.

We took them out for a few hours and they ran great. I’m going to have to figure out the lift situation because trailering them sucks. The boat ramp was a zoo both times.

Same here. Getting my ski into the water and out, is an absolute mother fucker with these clowns here. Everyone is in the massive fucking hurry and I’ve seen three 20+ foot boats on trailers inches from each other, side by side, because all the owners are in such a got damn hurry. I got so tired of that I only go to the lake on a weekday, take a day off of work, and 90% of the stress of the ramp is gone. People are absolute ass holes on the ramps here, a zoo, but a city zoo. Loathe it. But I’m moving rural and city douches at the lake will be in the rear view.

Congrats on the deal working out. I have the exact same motor you’ve got in that GP1800. It’s a gem and a beast. Riva makes anything you want if you want to mod it. Mine is still stock for now. I’ll mod it eventually but trim up and it goes to 70 mph very very quick Razz Almost nothing on the lake that can keep up unless it’s an expensive boat where the whole hull is out of the water and just the prop in.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post