SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HEY, "RYAN FORREST" YOU THIEVING SACK OF SHIT
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEY, "RYAN FORREST" YOU THIEVING SACK OF SHIT Login/Join 
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your constant vigilance and protection
Good to know

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
If everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, would follow ONE simple rule on the classifieds of this forum...

Do like I do. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ANYONE EXCEPT ESTABLISHED MEMBERS OF THE FORUM.

I've been around here for a long time. I know lots of the guys here, both online, and some offline.

I simply WILL NOT DO BUSINESS with anyone who has not been a GOOD member here for years.

Yeah, I may miss out on a deal, I may pay 20 bucks more for something... But when I do business here, I do so with piece of mind. I know I can send them a personal check, cash, or my bank account number/routing number if i chose to do so (I don't).

If you have not conversed with the member outside of the classifieds MULTIPLE times about things COMPLETELY unrelated to sales... Don't do business.

That also helps Para's rule about the classified being for established members and not for opportunists.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

I like this guy.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43803 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I always knew you was a strange monkey. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Not like like that like, the other like. Oy...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43803 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para, glad to know you are on top of things. Will certainly be cautious and follow your guidelines. Hate thieves!

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
If everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, would follow ONE simple rule on the classifieds of this forum...

Do like I do. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ANYONE EXCEPT ESTABLISHED MEMBERS OF THE FORUM.
That's not always possible when looking for an item, and the WTB ads are the main issue these days with low-life thieves.

Posts: 107246 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I have a simple rule of internet purchasing of firearms and related items. I require the seller to take it to a gun store (my choice) for inspection & shipping for which I pay. If it passes inspection, I pay the gun store so the gun store pays the seller. I have not yet been defrauded.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have not conversed with the member outside of the classifieds MULTIPLE times about things COMPLETELY unrelated to sales... Don't do business.

Seriously? I find that many of my classified contacts go beyond a simple "I will take it, goodbye" or "Sold, thanks".

I sold an UZI to a member who used one in basic training years ago and was a collector of a master engraved 1911 that I held years ago and personally knew the engraver.

I delt with one member who was a fellow Rolex collector and he ended up with an inscribed book of mine by one of the world's top Rolex collector and authority.

One member, who as he put it, "We ate the same earth" in the Ia Drang Valley.

All of these exchanges were during the course of Classified transactions. I would encourage everyone to use the Classifieds to also get to know other members a little more, which is why I include my phone number when responding to member who contact me in the course of transactions.

Thanks and take care.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2270 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
he got me for $ 60.00 last week, could have been $ 600.00. He's all over the place, ARF.com, STURMGWEHR.com , TAGSWAP.com , HERE

Posts: 6 | Registered: April 02, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding that this driver's license was stolen. This is why I did not publish a picture of it myself and this is why you see the name "Ryan Forrest" in quotes in the subject line, because I do not believe that is this thief's real name.

Do you have information contrary to this? If not, we should be very careful about publishing these things.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
That FFL number is bogus.

Just one more way to verify is to use the FFL ez-check website.

You Entered FFL Number: 3-41-XXX-XX-XX-06000

You Entered FFL Number: 3-41-XXX-XX-XX-06000 If you are certain you entered the correct license number, there is a strong possibility that the FFL you are attempting to verify is invalid and/or this may be an attempt at a fraudulent transaction. You should not complete the transaction without first contacting ATF at 1-877-560-2435 for assistance.

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

I've been around here for a long time. I know lots of the guys here, both online, and some offline.

I simply WILL NOT DO BUSINESS with anyone who has not been a GOOD member here for years.

Yeah, I may miss out on a deal, I may pay 20 bucks more for something... But when I do business here, I do so with piece of mind. I know I can send them a personal check, cash, or my bank account number/routing number if i chose to do so (I don't).

That also helps Para's rule about the classified being for established members and not for opportunists.

Kevin

I've only ever bought one gun from classified section. It was one of our most valued members so I gave it no thought. If one doesn't have thousands of posts and I feel like I semi know them, then I'll skip it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20750 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:

I've been told that ez-check doesn't work for C&R licenses. Instead you have to call BATFE and verify over the phone.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 576 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, hard work and reminders Para.

Sometimes man.....just ...damn. Out of words.

Posts: 1916 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
lakefolk, you need to speak up. As I've said, I already had a pic of the license but chose to not publish it since I have been told it might have been stolen and is not really our thief.

When I look in on the forum tomorrow morning, if you haven't provided some evidence that this is in fact our thief, I'm going to remove your post.

When you register for this forum, you can't bring an agenda with you. I expect anyone who registers here to want to actually be a member of this community. It doesn't matter that we're on the same side in this case. This kind of thing doesn't sit well with me.

posted Hide Post
If this guy's ID was stolen and somebody is using it to transact fraudulent business then that's all anybody needs to know. Seems counterproductive to protect the thief under the auspices of trying to protect the original owner. Can't it be said that this particular ID when used in conjunction with a fraudulent FFL should be avoided?

Posts: 6 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We're publishing a man's photograph and name, when there is a possibility that this is not the thief. If your ID is stolen, do you change your name? Do you change your address? Do you alter your appearance?

What if that was your DL, your name, your face, your address? How would you want it handled in these circumstances?

With regards to the members of this forum, anyone who doesn't know at this point to be ultra-careful must be a blind idiot.

Supposedly, I am to be contacted soon by someone with additional information about this maggot. We'll see what's what and then go from there.

posted Hide Post
That's a great point about respecting the other potential victim in this whole charade.

If it were me, I'd want to limit my ID exposure as much as possible but give fair warning to others who could be defrauded by indicating:
1. The ID is suspected as being stolen so don't hold it against the individual named on the ID.
2. To be wary that this specific fake FFL number has been used in conjunction with the ID and to verify FFL info at the following <website>.

All of this also means that the name of some innocent FFL is being besmirched.

Posts: 6 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correct. EZ check does not verify C&R FFL

quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:

You Entered FFL Number: 3-41-XXX-XX-XX-06000 If you are certain you entered the correct license number, there is a strong possibility that the FFL you are attempting to verify is invalid and/or this may be an attempt at a fraudulent transaction. You should not complete the transaction without first contacting ATF at 1-877-560-2435 for assistance.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post