SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HEY, "RYAN FORREST" YOU THIEVING SACK OF SHIT
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEY, "RYAN FORREST" YOU THIEVING SACK OF SHIT Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The PayPal email address is a clue. That last name is Swahili.

Minnesota. Immigrant. It's not hard to figure.

Just bringin' a bit of his down-home to Ah-mel-ee-kah....

New member registration is currently disabled, and when I re-enable it, no new registrants will have the ability to access member profiles.

If you place an ad in this forum and you put your email address in the ad, I'm no longer asking, suggesting, or pointing out anything. I'm just going to delete the ad.

Your email address must be displayed in your profile only. Since new members will no longer be able to access profiles, this crap of scammers registering to harvest email addresses will be a thing of the past- once the scammers who are now in here are ferreted out.

Do your part, please.

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para, much appreciated

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And when a "member" contacts you about your WTB, you must insist on getting their username. Then, perform a search on their username in this forum. If you can't find anything, ask them to provide you with a link to one of their posts. Posts look odd? Walk away. No posts? Walk away. No response? Walk away.

And then, contact me with the information you have about them.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K46tank:
Same POS was doing the same crooked crap on other forums too.

There's possibly a pic of him here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Eq...scam-me/127-2213579/

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/for...omment&comment=77566

And buried in the AR15 thread.... supposed to be the wife, is the below info:

quote:

Name on FFL and DL: Ryan Forest Heath
Name/email of person they said was their "wife" to Zelle $$ to: Deanna Carter deannacarter1111@gmail.com
Phone number they messaged me from: 763-290-1115

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Posting this on the second page of this thread.

Google- The Little Search Engine That Could

ryanforrest852@gmail.com

>>PayPal email<< philip.siahi@yahoo.com

IP address is 73.94.159.26 . Traces to a Comcast account in St. Paul (specifically, Maplewood), Minnesota, 55106

Scammer ryanforrest852@gmail.com Scammer

Scammer philip.siahi@yahoo.com Scammer

philip.siahi@yahoo.com

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Maplewood is a 15 minute drive from my home; and if you knew the people of Maplewood…this would not surprise you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm even closer, I call it Maplehood

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Reposting what is already on this page, so that it cannot be missed. In addition to the following, I recommend performing a search on any email address you are provided by someone responding to your WTB ad- not a search of the forum, but a general search of the internet. Most email addresses will return no results, but scammers who've been outed- their email addresses will come up:

And when a "member" contacts you about your WTB, you must insist on getting their username. Then, perform a search on their username in this forum. If you can't find anything, ask them to provide you with a link to one of their posts. Posts look odd? Walk away. No posts? Walk away. No response? Walk away.

And then, contact me with the information you have about them.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I take it a little further.
I require them to post in my ad so i get a forum id and then also verify the email address used to the email address listed in the profile.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
I take it a little further.
I require them to post in my ad so i get a forum id and then also verify the email address used to the email address listed in the profile.
Ye, that will be coming as well, in the Rules for Classifieds.

The picture of what we need to do is coming into focus.

For anyone looking in and thinking of registering for this forum, you are welcome to do so and become part of this community, but be advised that you will not be able to access member profiles. The reason for this is the increased frequency of scammers harvesting email addresses. This is an unfortunate step I must take,but a necessary one.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all you do, Para.

I wouldn't have picked up the swahili connection except you pointed it out.

Again, I appreciate you for what you do and who you are as a person.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I didn't post this on last month's suggestions for the Classifieds because I don't actually use the classifieds here. Just don't like the hassle of shipping so I don't bother.

But it seems like WTB ads are the easiest targets... people looking to send their money off in order for something. Maybe WTB ads are forbidden and only WTS ads remain? Doesn't eliminate the possible issues but could drastically reduce the number.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
He sent me an e-mail (from my profile) looking to sell a used G19 barrel (I had a post in the classified for WTB).

Fortunately, I did not attempt to close on the deal. Good to know I dodged a bullet....thanks, Para

According to him...his username is "Ryan6"

Now he says "I’m an FFL03 holder"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGguy229,

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
I had several people email me about a WTB I have now for a Stainless Carry P220. 4 offers---2 of them for what I wanted but BOTH were shady as hell!
<> First scammer tactic- look for a greedy man--our greed generally gets us in trouble--he offered it for better than a fair or good deal, but a great deal
<> Second they did have pics, but the serial# was covered in each--one guy said he bought it new, but claimed he had no box
<> Third I asked 3 times for them to post that they sent me an offer on SF and they never did

I weeded them all out by setting these rules for us to complete the sale: Post on forum you sent an offer. Take a pic of the gun with your driver's license and email it to my FFL showing the serial# too, then text me from your cell phone pics of the gun, box and serial# too. NONE of the scamming bastards replied after I said these were the terms.

I'm glad we are all laser focused on being safe and weeding out the dirtbags. I still find it interesting that a crook would choose a place where a bunch of gun enthusiasts and current/retired civil servants hang out to scam. Not sure which they have more of BALLS or IGNORANCE. Let's go with IGNORANCE! Reminds me of that Gunpal (Gpal) thief years ago

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 560 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Another one. Notice this ad has no email address displayed:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/7130085094

That means the person who contacted this member has a forum username and found the email address in the profile.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: nickel sig p226 9mm
To: William Cooley <kimchisnob4@gmail.com>

I'm looking at a couple now that are under 1K. What's your handle on the forum?

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 11:31 AM William Cooley <kimchisnob4@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm a member of the forum. We can negotiate, how much are you looking at?

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 8:13 AM redacted <redacted> wrote:

Are you a member of the forum? That price is a little more than can afford atm. maybe we can negotiate?

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 4:42 PM William Cooley <kimchisnob4@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey man.
I came across your WTB ad on sigforum.
I have a Nickel Sig Sauer P226 9mm in excellent condition I'm willing to part with. Overall condition is 99%.

I would estimate between 100-200 rounds have been shot through it, and it has performed flawlessly. The barrel rifling, finish, and general condition are excellent. I am selling this gun because I want to change things up and need the funds to finance my new purchase.

It comes with its original box, (2) 15-round factory magazines, and all paper-work.
$1350 shipped to you, let me know if we have a deal.
I've attached pictures.
Thanks.

"I'm a member of the forum." Notice how he does not specify his username.

Always search the internet for email addresses. For legitimate email addresses, there are almost always no search results returned.

But, kimchisnob4@gmail.com comes up in a Google search Specifically, Google- not Brave, not DuckDuckGo. Use more than one search engine in these email address searches and always include Google:

Go here: https://www.stopforumspam.com/search (This is a forum dedicated to outing forum spammers but it useful also for identifying forum scammers.

In the Search field, paste in kimchisnob4@gmail.com

"Found 1 entry for "kimchisnob4@gmail.com" 30-Dec-21 00:15 97.70.178.13 username: arcshot kimchisnob4@gmail.com

97.70.178.13 traces to Farmington, Michigan 48335 - 097-070-178-013.res.spectrum.com This is a Charter Spectrum residential account

scammer kimchisnob4@gmail.com scammer

Every person who contacts you about your WTB- insist on getting their forum username. Since I've hidden the forum's member directory (because of it was being used to facilitate scams) you cannot find them that way. A search in the forum may yield their username, at which you can see if they have any posts (no posts? red flag) and the nature of their posts. They won't give you their username? Walk away. They're not going to give you their username because as soon As I identify them, I'm nuking the asshole and publishing their registration email address and their IP address.

Any doubts, questions or concerns, contact me, and if we end up with something like you see above, it will be published in the forum for all to see.

New Member Registration for the forum was re-enabled today, and new members have no access to view member profiles. Therefore, if you place an ad and refrain from putting your email address in the body of the ad (never put your email address in an ad here), that means the person contacting you is a forum member who registered before 3-22-2022. If they will not give you their username, they're trying to scam you. Contact me at once if this happens to you, please.

scammer kimchisnob4@gmail.com scammer

Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
He sent me an e-mail this morning saying his username is "Ryan6" and he's an FFL owner

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
He sent me an e-mail this morning saying his username is "Ryan6" and he's an FFL owner
Ryan6 registered on 3-22-2022 and was nuked the same day. It's the same guy mentioned in my first post of this thread. Since he contacted you today, that means he has multiple user accounts in the forum.

This means that you guys must do what I've indicated on this page. If they won't give you theri username, or if they give it to you and you're still suspicious, contact me.

He's trying real hard right now because the word is out and he knows his days are numbered.

Every person who contacts you about your WTB- you must be the most skeptical SOB who's ever drawn a breath. Don't hesitate to contact me.

Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Copy all. I corrected my WTB post with "I found what I needed"

Frankly, this is the first time I've been solicited for a sale by e-mail connected to this forum. I start the conversation in the forum and then go to e-mail. He didn't even post in my WTB thread.

Thanks.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
He didn't even post in my WTB thread.
He won't, because he knows if he does, the ID will get nuked.

Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If you have a WTB ad up in this forum you'd better operate under the assumption that anyone who responds is looking to rip you off, and then go slowly and ask the right questions of any respondents.

Thanks for all the attention Para. I received a questionable email from a WTB I posted where there was no reply posted on my ad… I didn’t even respond. Once I saw the signs (thinking all along about your words of caution) I hit the pause on the ad, waited patiently and then this week a member since 2003 (mhabby) posted a WTS for just what I was wanting. We made the deal my my new stainless beauty is on the way to my FFL.

Can’t say the outlier email was a scam but your words of caution over and over in different threads very well could have saved me from a $850 loss trying to replace the one I lost in a recent theft. We all must look out for each other as best we can.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post