SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Motorcycle Riding question - Helmet related
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motorcycle Riding question - Helmet related Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

Better than a half mask but not as good as a full face.

The good modulars perform better than many full-faces in testing. I doubt that will convince anyone but they do. Bring money, though.

I’m not sure why it’s even being argued.

With the wide range of helmets offered I’m sure a quality modular helmet could beat many helmets in safety ratings, that says nothing. All things being equal it is impossible for a modular helmet to be as safe and sturdy as a full face in the same realm of quality and design, it’s simply impossible with a failure point built it. A neotec 2 is not and can never be as safe as a GT Air II.

I’ve already stated the helmet I’m looking for (not modular) and I don’t know if you’re dating or married to a modular helmet and simply need to defend them but it’s not necessary.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6335 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://www.helmetshop.com

Great online source, have brick and mortar in Daytona, it's where I've bought mine, other than the HD half which was on sale at HD.

Posts: 23512 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post