SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Iran wants the UN moved out of NY
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iran wants the UN moved out of NY Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
it would be interesting to see how popular Tehran would be as a diplomatic post for the worlds "elites"
It wasn't too bad a place prior to 1979--I lived there 1969-1971 and did OK. Lots of Americans there, an American activity center (church, school, etc.), and a drive-in movie (that provided both English and Farsi on the speakers). Many women wore Western clothes, too. All that changed after the Shah was deposed, of course.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
An indication of what idiots the leaders of Iran are. They think the UN leaving the US is a bad thing.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
UN begging for more money. They should ask Iran Big Grin

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...n-dry-by-months-end/

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about the South Pole.
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Finally something I can agree with Iran about.

I think Mogadishu would be a good location.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post