SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Iran wants the UN moved out of NY
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iran wants the UN moved out of NY Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
What you got against whorehouses?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
When and what was the last time the un solved a world problem. Or at least made it less bad.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
The Iranians want to move it?

Maybe they'd like it closer and more convenient for bombings and hostage taking?

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
When and what was the last time the un solved a world problem. Or at least made it less bad.

There are so many improvements being brought to people all over the world through the auspices of the U.N.

Most people who hate the U.N only know of the things they don't like about it. That coupled with not knowing of discussions that avoid even worse situations being only known above the attention span of average Americans could ingrain a negative impression.

For instance, Human Rights are being advanced through international cooperation. This, from recent reports:

" Progress in one corner of the world plants a seed of hope in another,” he stated, referencing his own personal story. “I grew up under the Salazar dictatorship in Portugal and did not know democracy until I was twenty-four years old…But it was the human rights struggles and stories of others around the world that inspired and moved us to believe in change at home.

Michelle Bachelet, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, who also delivered opening remarks cited recent human rights advancements across the world including in India, the Horn of Africa, South Africa, Georgia, Liberia, Tunisia and Chile.
" LINK

I guess if you were in the shoes of those who were helped through international cooperation, the effects may be more visceral.

I remember in the 80's, returning from France and landing in New York, picking up a paper and reading that for the first time ever, Chile was going to give an answer for middle-of-the-night disappearances.

I suppose if you were part of a country subjecting itself to international accords, you might have a different view of international organizations as a way to preserve some basic human liberties and of knowing what the government did to your loved ones.

It is no shame to not know all of what the U.N. does. But, there's more than what meets our American press.

We should consider that maybe our own government, by people in the know, may see value in providing a forum to lob words instead of missiles.

There's a lot we do through the U.N. - still finding value in some of the work done through it.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Relocate the UN headquarters from NYC to Kabul and invite the Welcome Wagon from the Taliban to afternoon tea..

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I agree kick about the UN and all of the diplomats that go with it!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Iran on this issue. I'll help them move out of NYC and don't care where they end up as long as not on American soil.
I'd like the French to get stuck with them

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
FINALLY, Some "common ground" with Iran!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I can be in NYC on Monday. Let's make this happen. We can throw their shit into the East River since it can't get any more polluted than it is.

We can then load all the foreign "diplomats" Roll Eyes and their staff on buses and send them out via JFK or LaGuardia, their choice. Alternately, we can charter private planes and push those America-hating and Israel-hating slimeballs out of the plane at 20,000 feet over the Atlantic. That'll give them a chance to think about their stupid shit for a few minutes before impact.

You know, it's cheaper to fly out of Newark...

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would sure like to see all the America haters (who love our money) pick a new place we don't pay for.

armadill0

Posts: 35 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: April 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Let Trump build luxury condos out of the place..

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Well, I am not sure NYC will miss the UN one bit. NYC Cops will be happy to write less tickets that will not get paid.

I am a firm believer in sharing the prestige of the UN Headquarters. How about someplace nice, like Antarctica...

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
From the article: "There appears to be no significant movement to move the U.N." Bummer

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Narrow viewpoints

That's rich coming from Iran

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Put it in Antarctica. Neutral ground, and equally hospitable for all. Smile

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I hear there is a small island that was recently sanitized of its rat infestation and might be a great place for the UN...

it made for some great video...I forget if it was Iraq or Afghanistan...in any event, a few bulldozers should be able to level the rubble and start anew

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I would think that if we quit footing the bill for it, it would cease to exist.

So, what is wrong with that?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Move it to a neutral country like Switzerland.

Posts: 78 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Life Member
posted Hide Post
Yes. To somewhere more appropriate. Like Johannesburg, São Paulo, Pyongyang.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Get that trash off of the American continent altogether. Put it in Brussels where they can commiserate with the other illegitmate body, the EU.

Posts: 107606 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post