SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Hour near the Big Cypress (gators)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Hour near the Big Cypress (gators) Login/Join 
posted
Wildlife photographer Bobby Wummer shot this March 13 in South Florida.

http://abc13.com/society/photo...e-of-gators/1800616/

There is better video on his Facebook page. Good nature photography.

Here's a big Gator from my local nature preserve:
http://www.wtsp.com/mb/life/an...n-lakeland/132671208

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Archie Teuthis,

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I was on that road a couple of years ago, going from Naples to the Florida keys. We saw a number of gators, but not quite like that.

My daughter's kids came home from grade school last year, excitedly announced there was an alligator in the front yard.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Their back feets have such a positive flop.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend who lives in Naples hit one one night on that road. When he took us to the Keys he showed us about where he was when he hit one. We went to Key West and stayed for a day. There were 3 of us guys and our wives. Had a great time, saw some gators along the way.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Who said Global Warming was bad for nature?

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Probably not the best place to let your kid out of the car to pee.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I ate both fried gator and blackened gator. All that video did was make me want to fire up the fryer and have some boots made.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post