SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Streisand Effect: Jason Aldean's Try That in a Small Town- show your support
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Streisand Effect: Jason Aldean's Try That in a Small Town- show your support Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
CMT shows their true (PC corporate) colors, and this is the result:

Jason Aldean's 'Small Town' video cut by CMT, song skyrockets to Number 1 amid backlash
quote:
Jason Aldean has lost the support of Country Music Television (CMT), with the network confirming to Fox News Digital it has pulled the musician's "Try That in a Small Town" music video from circulation.

A representative for the network did not provide more context for the decision, but Aldean has received immense backlash from the public, with some suggesting it is a "pro-lynching song" — a narrative Aldean adamantly denies.

In the video, Aldean's lyrics are sung while news coverage from the 2020 riots illustrates his message. "Cuss out a cop spit in his face / stomp on the flag and light it up," Aldean sings, along with footage of the described instances.

Aldean's tune has skyrocketed to success given all the controversy, sitting as ITunes' No. 1 song at the time of publication.
So, go to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1_RKu-ESCY and simply by clicking that link and playing the song, you've given the video another view. Do you have a youtube account? Then, sign in and give it a thumbs-up. Don't just watch it here. Go to youtube and watch it.

Whether or not you like the song itself is irrelevant. Show your support for law and order and the United States.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Done

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Done

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6372 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Done - I slso bought the song on iTunes - its only $1.29 - not a lot to show your support. And it's quickly becoming the top selling song on iTunes...

Thanks!

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4010 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's good timing. I was literally just listening to Matt Walsh talk about this song and the ridiculous controversy. I was about to look for it on YouTube when Para's thread popped up.

Anyway, it's now Liked and Shared.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Done, liked and shared.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7291 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Did

Shared with my poor blood group that stood up against vaccine mandates...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can see commentator Mark Dice's comment on that page and he nails it, regarding all the bullshit about how this song is racist and calls for lynching:
quote:
CMT censored this video, and that's a clear indication that it's great, so I looked it up, and it sure is! Interesting how countless rap songs encourage murder sprees, drug dealing, pimping, and countless other crimes, and they're celebrated by the media, but a video by a country singer about self defense and neighbors looking out for each other is banned.
Yep. "Die, pig, die" and songs about druggin' and thuggin' are alright; rap songs about committing robbery or shooting someone over a battle of egos- these things are celebrated by the media, but if a White American country boy says anything at all, well, he's a white supremacist looking to cause racial strife. Utter horse shit, and it's the status quo. Well, do your bit to stick a thumb in the corporate media's eye.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
And Aldean will make even more money, they catapulted the song to the top, and will invariably piss off their fans

CMT is part of Viacom/Paramount, west coast media giant that is heavily invested in social engineering.

CMT contact info: Phone number: (615) 335-8400 Website: www.cmt.com

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Watched & 'liked'
Country isn't my genre of choice, but not a bad song.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16011 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Done….it’s actually a good tune…I like it….and it’s message!

Posts: 3161 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I looked early this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to see it was still up on YouTube. I gave it a thumbs up.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Thx for the heads-up Para. Watched and liked.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 5758 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Watched earlier this morning, thumbs up and left a comment. The article from what I read about it was called "CMT Goes Bud-Light".

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17191 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Done. Thumbs up and left a comment.

It's not a pro-lynching song. CMT is a bunch of woke idiots and have lost touch with their customer.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I watched the entire video via official YouTube to show support. But I’m puzzled by the “Streisand Effect” reference in the thread title.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9466 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I watched and liked on three different computers and downloaded it from Apple.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I watched the entire video via official YouTube to show support. But I’m puzzled by the “Streisand Effect” reference in the thread title.

quote:
The Streisand effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide, remove, or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing awareness of that information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6372 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Thanks.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9466 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post