SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Streisand Effect: Jason Aldean's Try That in a Small Town- show your support
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Streisand Effect: Jason Aldean's Try That in a Small Town- show your support Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Seems they are rationalizing their anger over this video by digging up the fact there was a lynching at the courthouse they filmed in front of in 1927. As if anyone involved with the video was even aware of this, and of course they will probably ignore the fact that it was likely democrats that did it.

These people just LOOK for reasons to be "outraged".

It wasn’t “likely” Democrats I’m sure

It WAS Democrats because that is their history.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I got around to seeing what the fuss is all about.
I don't listen to commercial Country but that's pretty good.
Not sure what they're all in a lather about.
What an idiotic thing to be infuriated about.

Piss on them all anyway.

Ass kicking Country with a potty mouth.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
The radical leftists were out to get the Aldeans after they previously made public comments against the left. This was the best they could gin up, a completely ridiculous twisting of the lyrics of one of his songs.

This is not about the song, it's about a war against the Aldeans.

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This is a very good take on Try That in a Small Town.

Skip 1 min to the intro. It’s a great commentary on Aldean’s song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Awesome Song!
Dead on Stats.

Don’t Start NONE ...
Won’t Be NONE.

END OF STORY.

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
7.5M views. 489K likes. 2.57M subscribers.

I do wish I could see how many sour pusses clicked thumbs down. I'm sure it's a number as dismal as those who down voted.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Watched & 'liked'
Country isn't my genre of choice, but not a bad song.

Same

Posts: 1768 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
This is not about the song, it's about a war against the Aldeans.
And every like-minded patriotic American. Remember…they’re not after President Trump. They’re after US…DJT just happens to stand in their way…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

At the heart of the left whining is vigilantism. Like KR above, recent stories about Ring doorbells promoting vigilantes, the left implies defending yourself in any way ignores the sacrosanct "rule of law" which they pretend is the final authority. Yeah right, jackalopes.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched, liked, and commented. The official music video has 9,018,985 views, 568k likes.

The lyrics video has 806,855 views and 30k likes.

Yep, I don't think that the left is getting what they wanted.

Jay Rah Visions did a reaction to this video and it was vary good. His video has 40,400 views, 4.2k likes and the comments are very positive.

Yeah, the leftards aren't getting what they want.

ARman

Posts: 3216 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Done

JC

Posts: 1305 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going outlaw worked out fine for Willie and Waylon. Been replaying this for several days now.

Posts: 3649 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
...the left implies defending yourself in any way ignores the sacrosanct "rule of law" which they pretend is the final authority.

I only get to defend myself from people who choose to ignore the "rule of law" first.

So, Democrats/Liberals/Progressives fuck off.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Nothing scares BLM and Antifa more than someone standing up to them, even if it is only verbal or symbolically. Like all bullies, they are cowards at heart.

Hopefully, Aldean's song and video will inspire other patriots to express their feelings on the growing problems we face with leftist activism and attempted power grabs.

Posts: 6791 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
609k thumbs up

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7293 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that another viewing is in order to help push it over the 10 million view mark.

Posts: 3406 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am not a Country Music fan, but I watched the video and what I saw was a documentary of all the wild, bad things happening in too many of our large cities and that they are not happening in the small towns dotting our country. I agree with the symbolism and the message. I did not see a way to "like".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
10 million

Posts: 1663 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not see a way to "like".

Should be a "thumbs up" icon.

Posts: 1364 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post