SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Streisand Effect: Jason Aldean's Try That in a Small Town- show your support
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Streisand Effect: Jason Aldean's Try That in a Small Town- show your support Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Done. Styx pissed me off a bit saying small towns aren't like that anymore, but sadly he's speaking of experience in Vermont, very different from the south.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Done

I guess I could add, I’ll have to CONTINUE not watching CMT

Posts: 13598 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where The Hell
Is Roscoe
Picture of daffy
posted Hide Post
Done deal--from small town in Alabama
Daffy

[___________________________________________________________]
Why is it, that when you make something idiot proof, they make a better idiot.

Posts: 140 | Location: florence alabama | Registered: February 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
I see the old wrinkled hag Sheryl Crow had to virtue signal hard.

Yeah, she is getting hammered on social media, what a dumb bimbo.

Aldean is no stranger to these commie attacks, he and his wife went through a shitstorm late last year because of their comments on trans grooming children, facing heat from the corporate country music community. This song should be a reminder to these idiots- that America is sick and tired of this woke shit.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Done

I found out that it's unsurprisingly a liberal white woman who is driving all this, ugh Roll Eyes

quote:

Gun-control activist claims she got country star Jason Aldean's song 'Try That in a Small Town' pulled from CMT for being 'racist and violent'... as ABC refuses to pull record from CMA Fest

Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, took credit for Jason Aldean's semi-cancelation and made clear that she hopes it continues

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Done! I've always liked Jason Aldean. He's one of the very few "new country" artists I can listen to.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 996 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
The left continues to make dumb decisions. Will they ever learn?

Radical ideologues don't learn. They have reached their conclusion. Their vessel is full. It is capped with an emotional seal. From there we only get consistent Leftism.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

2 thumbs up!

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Between this and the song about Target targeting kids rocket shipping up to #1 spots there is an argument to be made for the tremendous free publicity provided by angering the perpetually angry left. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Thumb's up!

My granddaddy gave me a gun too. Now I'm gettin all 'motional!

Posts: 5228 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Done

I found out that it's unsurprisingly a liberal white woman who is driving all this, ugh Roll Eyes

quote:

Gun-control activist claims she got country star Jason Aldean's song 'Try That in a Small Town' pulled from CMT for being 'racist and violent'... as ABC refuses to pull record from CMA Fest

Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, took credit for Jason Aldean's semi-cancelation and made clear that she hopes it continues

So she thinks showing a video of what happened is violent and racist but I’m going to guess she doesn’t think the actual real action of the people in the videos was racist or violent.

Posts: 4010 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Maybe the short scenes with the two guys waterfowl hunting in the video (complete with shotguns) made her go off the diving board.

Posts: 3406 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wonder if anti gun liberty zealot Shannon Watts has armed security?

If so I also wonder if she sees the hypocrisy of being protected by people with guns while at the same time arguing to take away gun rights?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
5.6 million views, 380,000 Likes, now the number one trending song on Youtube.

Travis Tritt speaking up.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...cial-media-torpedoes

https://twitter.com/Travistrit...d%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_

Fuckin' assholes. You should have left it alone, but that's too much to ask from you pissing crybabies.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
"Damn the torpedoes,
full speed ahead".

Don't try this in a small town is true here. Shop lifting is taken seriously, dispatch will call out a "bolo".

During the summer of arson, looting and crime a few antifa (3) were waving their flag and yelling something at cars going by in my small town. About a half hour later I went by that intersection again and to no surprise a couple of cowboys were tossing those soy boys like a couple of rag dolls.

Never saw anymore antifa around here since.

Posts: 1663 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
I typically don't get involved here with any thread dealing with politics.

I watched the video. I am not a country music type of guy, but, I saw nothing wrong with that video.

The BLM crew tried something like that in my small town a couple of years ago. They were run out of town.

The singer has it right. Try that shit in my small town, or many others, and you'll be run out of town, at least.

Thanks boss for bringing this video, and the push back, to the forefront.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4954 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I would hope that most would agree that there is a big difference between protesting peacefully and one that burns and loots buildings and attacks the police. I consider myself very liberal and support free speech and the right to protest up until it does harm... Those thinking this guys song is racist are obviously idiots trapped in some demented agenda.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Seems they are rationalizing their anger over this video by digging up the fact there was a lynching at the courthouse they filmed in front of in 1927. As if anyone involved with the video was even aware of this, and of course they will probably ignore the fact that it was likely democrats that did it.

These people just LOOK for reasons to be "outraged".

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post