SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NAAGA - Nat'l African American Gun Association... cool!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NAAGA - Nat'l African American Gun Association... cool! Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
I am skeptical that the PBS would portray them any more accurately than they would portray any other pro 2nd amendment group. I refuse to base an opinion from what PBS or any other mainstream media outlet would present about anyone who is pro gun.

I read all the way through the groups own website and it doesn't read the way the story is presented by PBS.
I didn't take the time to go through their website as you did, and you may indeed be right that PBS may have portrayed them poorly. Although PBS may have also reflected only the NAAGA member comments that fit with they're slant on their story, I was put off by the comments in that video. I know a number of NRA members and I can't think of one who's ever tied race/ color to 2A rights. They're also rather enthusiastic about supporting other groups in the fight against government trampling our 2A rights.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
That was bar none, one of the stupidest pieces of twaddle I've seem in quite a while. This appears to be a totally un-serious group that has no earthly idea what the purpose of the 2A really is, nor who their actually enemy is.

For god sake, consider the title of the article....In response to racist violence, more African Americans look to bear arms. Really! Simple question. Who are black people as a whole more likely to be shot, beaten, or robbed by, a black person or a white person (and just for kicks, I'll toss police into the latter group)? White people aren't out every night lynching or dragging black people behind cars anymore.

Thanks to eight years of BS under Barry the Wonder Putz, a large number of blacks want nothing to do with white people. If these NAAGA nitwits had any really interest in supporting and protecting the 2A, as well as this country as a whole, they'd join forces with the NRA (i.e. us) to target 'our' mutual enemy...big government.

That's how PBS portrayed them, but I don't get that sense from their website. Their Black Gun History page does reflect that up to the 1960's Black Panther discussion.

But then, the next section "The Present," sounds just like us/the NRA.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I am not a black pro 2A shooter. I don't see white shooters, Latino shooters, Asian shooters who are pro 2A. I just see Pro 2A shooters. NAAGA is cool for what it is, but not for me.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post