SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NAAGA - Nat'l African American Gun Association... cool!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NAAGA - Nat'l African American Gun Association... cool! Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted
I happen to have PBS on flipping thru the channels last night (9 year old still likes kids shows), and saw a video article on NAAGA.

While I live in CO, the article was done by PBS news hour national or something but WAS filmed in CO.

Seems that there is a strong interest in gun ownership and 2nd Amendment rights from the African American community.

While I didn't really like the comments indicating that the NRA "didn't speak for us" (mostly referencing the Philando Castile case which everyone including SigForum members didn't like), the groups were talking exactly like SigForum members, strong 2A beliefs and arguments.

I'm not African American, but I strongly support this group (unless someone here on SigForum tells me why not).

Awesome! Smile

Link: https://naaga.co/

Video Source: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/s...ns-look-to-bear-arms

James

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
NAAGA

Please...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
NAAGA

Please...

?

"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have a BIG problem with groups like this for the sole reason that whites cannot have the same treatment.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many African Americans do not live in upscale communities, they have great self defense needs. The range I use has many black members, and there is zero friction We are all there for the same purpose.

-c1steve

Posts: 4063 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James in Denver:
quote:
quote:
NAAGA

Please...

?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
NAAGA

Please...

?
It's a play on the term, "Nigga, please", used in exasperation.

Edit: Well, I'll go ahead and post this.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I have a BIG problem with groups like this for the sole reason that whites cannot have the same treatment.

I get that, Morgan Freeman made that exact argument when discussing "black history month" with a reporter.

However, personally, I still believe we are working for the same reason, to protect our 2A rights. As long as the group doesn't "preach" that "whites" (or any race) can't have guns, we are on the same side... at least that's how I see it.

James in Denver

Book 6 - Ch 23

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

I get that, Morgan Freeman made that exact argument when discussing "black history month" with a reporter.

However, personally, I still believe we are working for the same reason, to protect our 2A rights. As long as the group doesn't "preach" that "whites" (or any race) can't have guns, we are on the same side... at least that's how I see it.

James in Denver

Absolutely.
Any firearm enthusiast group out there is A-OK with me. I just can't keep my mouth shut when I see a double standard like this one. But I'd still offer them my support.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Lol, is this real?

There's no way this is real.

If it is, I want to join and get a t-shirt.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m really surprised that more black people don’t embrace the second amendment. Considering that a lot of fun control laws were written with racist intent you’d think they would be as pro gun as a demographic could be.

Unfortunately too many seem to cherish the idea of reparations and government free shit that they are willing to give up the only thing that can truly make them free.

I do know some who are staunch 2A supporters but not many.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
It amazes how much this generation on black people are begging for segregation. You see it all the time. BET, NAAGA, NAACP, etc. They are separating themselves.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
NAAGA

Please...

?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9177 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
That was bar none, one of the stupidest pieces of twaddle I've seem in quite a while. This appears to be a totally un-serious group that has no earthly idea what the purpose of the 2A really is, nor who their actually enemy is.

For god sake, consider the title of the article....In response to racist violence, more African Americans look to bear arms. Really! Simple question. Who are black people as a whole more likely to be shot, beaten, or robbed by, a black person or a white person (and just for kicks, I'll toss police into the latter group)? White people aren't out every night lynching or dragging black people behind cars anymore.

Thanks to eight years of BS under Barry the Wonder Putz, a large number of blacks want nothing to do with white people. If these NAAGA nitwits had any really interest in supporting and protecting the 2A, as well as this country as a whole, they'd join forces with the NRA (i.e. us) to target 'our' mutual enemy...big government.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
That was bar none, one of the stupidest pieces of twaddle I've seem in quite a while. This appears to be a totally un-serious group that has no earthly idea what the purpose of the 2A really is, nor who their actually enemy is.

For god sake, consider the title of the article....In response to racist violence, more African Americans look to bear arms. Really! Simple question. Who are black people as a whole more likely to be shot, beaten, or robbed by, a black person or a white person (and just for kicks, I'll toss police into the latter group)? White people aren't out every night lynching or dragging black people behind cars anymore.

Thanks to eight years of BS under Barry the Wonder Putz, a large number of blacks want nothing to do with white people. If these NAAGA nitwits had any really interest in supporting and protecting the 2A, as well as this country as a whole, they'd join forces with the NRA (i.e. us) to target 'our' mutual enemy...big government.

So there can only be one pro gun 2A organization? Did you mean that or did it just sound that way?

Posts: 4086 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
So I hard a podcast with the founder, or director or something.

He was super humble & nice guy. He just wanted to educate people & get gun people together. White, Black, female, male... what ever. He openly accepted pretty much anyone to their meetings & range days.

Will all the Chapters accept all in open arms? Not sure.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8857 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

So there can only be one pro gun 2A organization? Did you mean that or did it just sound that way?
No, you read into it what you wanted to. This group are not 2A supporters at their base. They're a bunch of fools who want to arm up because whitey is apparently just around the corner fixin' to kill 'um. FBI crime stats paint a completely different picture of their reality. Do you arm up because you think blacks are targeting you? I don't.

Look deeper into the actual comments in the video. "Police violence...", "discrimination...", "...not all white people". Its very clear, their goals are not our goals when it comes to protecting 2A constitutional rights. I support equal 2A rights for every American, and that support is not qualified based on skin tone. I believe the NRA also subscribes to that same position. When at the range, we've welcomed people of all skin tones into our group to shoot different firearms, and to discuss mutual interests. How quickly do you think my white self would be welcomed into one of NAAGA's range days. Yeah.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the JPFO acceptable?
http://jpfo.org/

Is Shoot Like a Girl acceptable?
http://www.shootlikeagirl.com/about.html

Reading through the website of this organization, they don't exclude anyone from joining.
I don't see the problem with it.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Is the JPFO acceptable?
http://jpfo.org/

Is Shoot Like a Girl acceptable?
http://www.shootlikeagirl.com/about.html
Don't know anything about these particular groups. Question. Is either group actively condemning/opposing the NRA as this NAAGA group appears to be?

IMO the number of firearms groups seems irrelevant to me. The focus of each of those groups on the other hand is not. We all need to be rowing together in support/protection of the 2A for all. Beyond that, establish as many different groups as you want.

posted Hide Post
I am skeptical that the PBS would portray them any more accurately than they would portray any other pro 2nd amendment group. I refuse to base an opinion from what PBS or any other mainstream media outlet would present about anyone who is pro gun.

I read all the way through the groups own website and it doesn't read the way the story is presented by PBS.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post