SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Holy hell is it hot and dry out west.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy hell is it hot and dry out west. Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Son is in 29 palms for 3 weeks Drill
He texted me from the hospital a couple days ago,
Couldn’t eat and got sick, they had him on COVID quarantine but came back negative
He did Paris island in July thru Sept with no problems but that must be a different kind of heat where he’s at now, and he is no malingerer by any stretch

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
As I write this its 70 with a dew point of 50. We have had pretty good summer so far. Had some soaking rains yesterday but could stand some more.

I could handle some of that about now.

I guess I can't complain. It'll be like this for another month or so, then it'll cool off and we'll be into the dark wet for six months.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
We've gotten more rain in Phoenix in the last two days than in the last year. I had forgotten what it was like to not be hot all the time. Now it's cool and humid.

Down here in Gilbert, we've gotten rain every night for the last 5 days. Sometimes a lot of rain, sometimes a little. Daytime temp is around the high 70s or so and the pool temperature has dropped from 92 to 82 degrees.

It's more like November than July here.

Oh, and I hate the humidity we've got now.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
This feels like scorch the earth period in our existence. No relief in sight, only worse. Sorry but this sucks big time. Older I get, worse it is. Give me snow and cold all year long. Please.

Man I hear you
Here in Idaho it’s been miserable
No relief until the end of August, makes me wonder what kind of winter we are going to get?

Fishing has been great, catching has sucked big time...

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
SW Utah is HOT!! but the real problem is we're dry. In fact, all of Utah is in a severe drought with no real end in sight. At the house we had temps around 108°-110° for a week and it's actually cooled off to the high 90°s. We're getting some monsoonal rains in the area but that doesn't really help the drought and just increases humidity.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed my deployments to Bagram AB during the summer fighting season. June to Sept 90s-120 and dry with the 120 Days of Wind. Maybe once you'd get a 5 minute rain cloud that would leave moon-sized rain drop craters in the dust. I hate STL summer heat and humidity.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yup...crazy!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Before you fantasize about moving to Idaho. We do have triple digit summers and sub, sub-zero winters. And it is usually more than a few days.
Oh yeah, then there is the smoke from forest fires in the other states and here.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We're ten degrees over normal for this time of year. It feels like 20 over. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Three days plus of monsoonal rains in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area of Arizona....finally!!! We've really needed this and its so good to be getting drenched. Smile

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Living here on the SE coastline of way south Miami for 68yrs, I honestly can handle the buckets of humidity every year. It's the hurricanes and strong tropical storms that have put me off each year. Moving isn't an options so a prayer each year to dodge another season will do. Currently it's 90º and under a flood watch due to our regular hot/humid summer tropical moisture.

If health stuff never caught up to me I planned a move out west to exchange the hot/humid for the hot/dry. I was really forwards to it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Here in "Rim Country"/Central Arizona we've had a good Monsoon this year with one down pour, and showers most every day. It's 66° here right now, so a nice, though temporary, reprieve from hot and dry...

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Some of you posters don't even give a hint of your location.
Might be more interesting if you did.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This year's monsoon rainfall has been wonderful so far. Last year we had 4" of rain for the WHOLE YEAR. We got nearly 4" of rain last Friday night. The desert is really starting to green-up, and my weeds are sooooo happy!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Just warm and humid, feels like hot here.
Highs in the mid to upper 80's but walk outside for a minute or two and you are wet.
They say it'll be in the 90's next week.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post