SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hobbies?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hobbies? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hiking
Bushcrafting
Gardening
I have a *thing* for milsurp bolt actions that load with stripper clips, and for single action revolvers.
Was about to learn bullet casting and reloading, but that's been postponed due to the masses panic buying.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I get bored a lot.

I like shooting and making things from scratch. My biggest hobbies are overcomplicated things and making modifications to stuff that doesn't really need them.

Examples include things like converting Glocks to .38 Super, building custom electronics, and making things out of scrap wire and swear words

Posts: 9169 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Skydiving, skiing, fly fishing, and German shepherds....

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Another motorcyclist here. Love touring.
Cooking/Grilling/Smoking. I can spend a whole day in the kitchen and it never gets old.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hiking, mountaineering, rock & ice climbing. I turned 50 last year so the rock&ice stuff is becoming more challenging with the aches and pains of age.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
<snip>
Photography. I take a lot of photos while traveling, and when home process and post them to Flickr. I also post subsets of those photos to a site called Ugly Hedgehog.
<snip>

What’s the advantage of posting your photos on Ugly Hedgehog when they’re already on Flickr?
UHH is a more active site and offers contact with more people. The postings on Flickr are more or less archival and open to viewing by others, but unless I send a link to someone the exposure is random and scattered, and seldom results in any conversation. Posting on UHH invokes a communication channel and the sharing of ideas--it's more personal.

If you're curious, you can see what I've posted to UHH here: https://www.uglyhedgehog.com/u...c-list?usernum=66435

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
Shooting
Reloading
Racing RC cars (not as much now reflexes slow compared to younger racers)

I used to race R/C cars, but EVERY. DAMNED. TIME. that I'd go all-in with the top-end gear, within 6 months all road-racing ceased to exist in my area and I'd be stuck with thousands of $$$ in cars and radio gear! Fooled me once, shame on you. Fooled me twice, shame on me! The only car racing that has been consistent and long-lived in my area is off-road (local track is going on well over 10-15 years now and still very active), and I just hate the thought of dealing with all of that dirt coming home with me, so I haven't jumped on that bandwagon yet. Frown

Posts: 4604 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Oh, and one other hobby I didn't mention because I haven't participated in a while due to space...

Model trains. Got my first one for Christmas 1968 and have loved them ever since. Switched from HO-scale to N-scale a bit over 20 years ago with no regrets. While the cost was a good bit more, I could easily pack a LOT more layout into the same space, and didn't lose too much detail in the process.

Over the past 3-4 years I have been seriously considering selling out of my R/C stuff, cleaning out the hobby room (a converted 1-car garage), and turning it into a train room... and filling it with a HUGE new N-scale layout! But oh, the time, money and energy that would cost, and I'm not sure I would do much since I have trouble just building and flying my model rockets these days! Oh well...

Edit to add: FWIW, I still have my original train set from 1968 sitting on the shelf in my hobby room, and the steam locomotive I got the following Christmas is part of one of our Christmas displays here in the living room... and yes, they still run! Big Grin

Posts: 4604 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
These aren't in any particular order, but here are my current hobbies:

Shooting
Hiking with my wife and dog
Chess
Cooking
Weightlifting

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Guitar playing and riding motorcycles.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post