SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Official Cookie Off - Scouts vs Keebler,
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Official Cookie Off - Scouts vs Keebler, Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
Scouts on the left, Keebler on the right.
I can't tell hardly any difference.

They are both yummy

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The originsal maker of the zGS Cookie was Burry in Elizabeth NJ.
They sold the 2nds/Broken cookies in 2 lb bags for $1 (They freeze really well)
Now Aldis carries most of them for about $1.50 a box.
But the idea was to support the GS /Brownie Troops not really about the cost of a box of cookies.
It was the ONLY thing I let my daughters sell door to door and I was always with them, carrying a concealed MAC 10 Big Grin (Only Kidding)

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
You might need to eat a lot just to make sure.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
None of the above.

I have yet to eat a commercial cookie that came anywhere near what comes out of our oven.

Better than no cookies, of course, but can't hold a candle to home made.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
and I was always with them, carrying a concealed MAC 10
a rapid pack of rogue girl scouts is a fearful thing!

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
None of the above.

I have yet to eat a commercial cookie that came anywhere near what comes out of our oven.

Better than no cookies, of course, but can't hold a candle to home made.

+1,000

Posts: 6918 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
I think the Girl Scout cookies are made by the same bakeries that make Keebler, Nabisco, etc...

They are not all made in the same factory, what I have heard is that GS contracts out with multiple manufacturers.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
keebler all day long. They are cheaper too!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those Girl Scout cookies are good but I prefer my homemade Molasses cookies using my moms old recipe

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The biggest upside to girl scout cookies? Getting to interact with the little girls selling them. They're adorable and work their rear ends off pitching cookies. I always buy a couple boxes anytime I run across them.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Same for Grasshoppers vs. Thin Mints.

My wallet felt the difference.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
I think the Girl Scout cookies are made by the same bakeries that make Keebler, Nabisco, etc...

They are not all made in the same factory, what I have heard is that GS contracts out with multiple manufacturers.

There’s a couple. What we get here in the East side of the States is almost always Little Brownie bakers.

Savannah Smiles is retiring this year. Get yours while you can. I hope they are replaced with the Lemonades from the west coast, which I love.

I like my Do-is-dos just a day or two stale... soft and yummy.

I have a house full of cases of cookies, as we are coordinating for the troop.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:

Just Kellogg, Keebler and GSC cookies are mostly made in Lousville, KY.

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Savannah Smiles is retiring this year. Get yours while you can.

That's a punch straight to the gut! Big Grin

Savanah Smiles are my favorite and now I'm on a mission. Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
quote:
and I was always with them, carrying a concealed MAC 10
a rapid pack of rogue girl scouts is a fearful thing!

Yes indeed! But my little Girls are 28/32. I begged them not to grow up but like all kids.... they didn't listen!

quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:

I like my Do-is-dos just a day or two stale... soft and yummy.

They changed the recipe some years back when the eliminated the Trans Fats and Like Mickey D's Fries.... they are NOT the same.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Savannah Smiles is retiring this year. Get yours while you can.

WTF? These are the only ones I like. You have a source? Certain on this??
Doesn't matter I guess, these won't freeze well I bet.

This has been a rumor at least in 2018 as well. Maybe it's a ploy to sell me bigger pants each year.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post