SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Radishes are tasty!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Radishes are tasty! Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Somehow, my attempt to quote my previous post to add a photo, a couple of posts above, wound up as an edit of that post instead. So here’s the post again:

I did try it – its taste was much different than I expected, but very good, indeed. I was nearly out of radishes – the remaining ones weren’t as big as I’d liked to have used.

That German-baked Mestemacher Pumpernickel is the only bread that I keep on hand. I love it despite its schmaltzy package. You’ll note that I put plenty of butter on both slices. Smile I put a good deal of seasoning salt on too – that was a good idea, I think.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like them floating in a glass with salt. Pull them out and eat them like candy. The Radish, bread and butter sandwiches are also yummy.

Posts: 423 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Breakfast radishes!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
My grandfather first introduced me to radishes (and guns!). He’d eat red radishes salted raw with breakfast. For my wife I’ll thinly slice them then sauté in a little butter with a dash of salt.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I like the sprouts of radishes.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post