SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why can't Republicans stand together Vis a vis votes for SOTH
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why can't Republicans stand together Vis a vis votes for SOTH Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
McCarthy will be Mitch 2.o

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
A few on Twitter seem to think McCarthy is looking to get 11 Democrats to vote present which would lower the 218 threshold.

If McCarthy were to achieve the Speakership with help of Democrats, you can be assured he made promises.

This is what will likely happen. They don't have to actually vote McCarthy, all they have to do is not vote at all.

The Democrats know McCarthy is a fellow swamp creature and will make sure someone like Jim Jordan does not become Speaker.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Related and further to not standing together, Mitch is appearing with Biden today in Kentucky to brag about money (pork) he got into the “infrastructure” bill

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
If people speakin’ their mind, doesn’t remind you of democracy… Maybe this is more your speed:

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I think it's hilarious that McCarthy has been moving into the speakers office for the last couple days. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
bohica - Trump calls on all gop to vote KM.

Ah well, not what I want but whatever... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:

I have to ask myself why? McCarthy wanted to censure Trump! Again I believe Trump inner circle is dirty and giving him bad advise.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think he wants Jordan to chair the Judiciary where he can be more effective

McCarthy knows he's being watched

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cordially, I invite McCarthy to eat a bag of dicks, and that goes for the rest of the slimy RINOS as well.

I'm glad this is happening because McCarthy deserves it and I don't give a damn that the leftists are enjoying the show.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I think he wants Jordan to chair the Judiciary where he can be more effective

McCarthy knows he's being watched

If that’s the case why not Biggs or Scalise. McCarthy is a swamp creature.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As for Donald Trump supporting McCarty despite everything that's happened- this might be considered a savvy move by Trump. He knows that McCarthy will get the speakership, and Donald Trump is planning on being POTUS in two years. Trump can say "I did you a favor," when, in reality, he did nothing for McCarthy.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
McCarthy should get one of his Lackey’s to nominate Donald Trump to be speaker of the house. Get a couple more to vote for Trump and I promise you 20 Dems would switch votes to McCarthy to avoid that possibility.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:

Hasn’t helped. McCarthy losing 4th vote right now, looking like by more than third vote. They aren’t listening to Trump.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So, what exactly do the holdouts want from McCarthy?

Not taking a side, just need to get up to speed. Confused

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK What is happening with all the baggage and lurid stories with Gaetz. Has that been taken care of? Anybody know? Not asking about the stories just the outcome. Thanks

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Seems it's not easy to get everyone onboard to elect a SLOTH as the SOTH...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
As much as I despise McCarthy, there are only possible outcomes, and I'm sure the holdouts don't want Hakeem Jeffries to be the Speaker. And, anyone else being nominated has zero chance. So, whatever it is they're trying to pull, they had better hurry and finish it up, because they have a country's business to tend to. These pukes took control of the House what, nearly 2 months ago? And they waited until now faking being unable to iron out anything? All fucking grandstanding. Roll Eyes

I was listening briefly to Levin last night on my way to my parents home and learned that Boebert and some others took millions from McCarthy for their election campaigns. And now, they're pretending like they're so righteous. Fuck all of them. Mad

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
OK What is happening with all the baggage and lurid stories with Gaetz. Has that been taken care of? Anybody know? Not asking about the stories just the outcome. Thanks

DOJ prosecutors recommend against charging Rep. Gaetz in sex-trafficking probe
Friday 9/23/22

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/23...ent-probe/index.html

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post