SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why can't Republicans stand together Vis a vis votes for SOTH
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why can't Republicans stand together Vis a vis votes for SOTH Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^ Are you saying he can't shoot straight? Razz

(It's a John Wayne movie reference, folks.)

No, he carries a sawn off shotgun. It doesn’t matter how he shoots; the only safe place is behind him when he fires that thang.

That’s the correct analysis lol

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Alan Bourdillion Trehearne

Well no wonder he carries a knife.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If the leftists really understood what is going on with this, they wouldn't even be smiling, much less laughing. They should be concerned, but they haven't a clue.

We, OTOH, have reason to be happy, because this is a push back against the status quo.

The RINO's in the party better understand this, they should be concerned, this isn't simply a divided house on the R side, its not Trump or Terrorists or any of the things the mass media is drumming up.

Right now the total R is barely enough to get control, and to get the speakers title you need about 100% of the vote, having 20+ votes for the conservatives in the party now is the time to flex that muscle. If not now this group will get zero from the establishment RINO party members that continue to vote for McCarthy.

This is a rare opportunity for conservatives to get seats on committees, and all types of concessions. Initially McCarthy said no to everything the group asked for, so he decided to bully them thinking that "the party members" will stay together unified against the D.

He underestimated the number of members that are willing to take the heat in the press, be called names, and let the D sit over there and smirk.

This is a power play and it's working.

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If not now this group will get zero from the establishment RINO party members that continue to vote for McCarthy.

This is a rare opportunity for conservatives to get seats on committees, and all types of concessions. Initially McCarthy said no to everything the group asked for, so he decided to bully them thinking that "the party members" will stay together unified against the D.

He underestimated the number of members that are willing to take the heat in the press, be called names, and let the D sit over there and smirk.

Yep.

Gaetz appeared on Fox News to discuss the background issues with Kevin McCarthy and the lack of trust held by the group opposing him.

Additionally, Gaetz refuses to accept the criticism from former House republicans who created the crisis of confidence within the American electorate. When challenged about the specific criticism, Gaetz does a good job putting context to the failed republican efforts over the past 15 years.

GAETZ: McCarthy Has No Ideology. He's a Vessel for Lobbyists.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Moving on to the Ninth Vote.

So, let's bet the outcome.

Over = 19 votes, McCarthy selected

Spot on = 16 votes, McCarthy selected

Under = 11 votes, McCarthy selected

Alternate outcome = 12 Votes and McCarthy withdraws

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31419 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
0:9.

So far so good. Dig in the heels and get this country back.

Posts: 20064 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I think Ken Buck went home or had a heart attack. He has missed the last 2 votes.

Posts: 3505 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:

Very true. But hanging out with guys who are guilty of sex trafficking under age girls brings that to a whole new level.

Sure, but how many politicians hung with Epstein? I don't think this is nearly as rare as we might wish.

So is this a defense of Gaetz's character? That other politicians are slime balls too? If that's what you are saying, okay. But perhaps all you are saying is that there are lots of other slimy politicians too? If so, that still leaves Gaetz in the slime ball pile of politicians.

Posts: 1046 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
I think Ken Buck went home or had a heart attack. He has missed the last 2 votes.

CSpan said he was traveling for a medical procedure and would be out though tomorrow. There were two others that had events happen that could cause them missing votes. One was a birth of his child and one had a funeral Sat.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I guess this is a good example of how hard it is to rig an election when you have to vote in person, even if all those voting are crooks.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
you could not have scripted a better shit show if this were a reality tv program...

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Somebody needs to tell Boebert tits or GTFO

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
This clusterf**k needs an injection of humor and DJT has done that with this photoshopped pic he posted to Truth Social. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Uniparty continues. Until this Titanic which is our country meets it's predictable end.

Obama runs down the military and accrues 3 trillion in unfunded debt. Trump runs up the deficit rebuilding the military. 2 years in, Biden gives away the military's equipment, and accrues 6 trillion in unfunded liabilities.
Americans eagerly await their next I-phone, oblivious

Posts: 1399 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Matt Gaetz just nominated President Trump for Speaker. Were I the squatter, I'd be like fuck this. I'm going back to California.. Big Grin.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
The Uniparty continues. Until this Titanic which is our country meets it's predictable end.

Obama runs down the military and accrues 3 trillion in unfunded debt. Trump runs up the deficit rebuilding the military. 2 years in, Biden gives away the military's equipment, and accrues 6 trillion in unfunded liabilities.
Americans eagerly await their next I-phone, oblivious
Bill, I want you to do me a favor. I want you to search through your posts and point me to something- anything- optimistic you've said about this nation, or at least an attempt to demonstrate positivity or find the good in something bad.

Show me, would you? Because right now, all I can recall from you is the constant drumbeat of negativity- everything is wrong, everything is bad, everything is going to end in disaster. There's no hope, no reason to be happy.

Right?

When you find those optimistic posts of yours, please drop some links to them for me- in this thread.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson Asks Why Does Everyone in DC Want to Demonize, Attack and Eliminate the House Reform Group

During his opening monologue tonight, Fox News host Tucker Carlson outlines the attacks against those opposing Kevin McCarthy for House Speaker.

Tucker Carlson asks why the visibility of democracy in action ends up with DC insiders claiming the American political structure is going to collapse just because Kevin McCarthy is not being anointed as House Speaker. Those in opposition to McCarthy are deemed as Russian operatives, domestic terrorists and corrupt sketchy voices belonging to various shady patriotic movements that have threatened the domestic tranquility of the nation.

WATCH:
Tucker: What is going on here?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a thought. If none of this was televised, no speeches, no interviews with journalists, none of it, would this have been resolved by now? No one can be certain for sure, but I think it would have been. Some, not all, of these guys just crave the media attention.

Posts: 1046 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
quote:

Very true. But hanging out with guys who are guilty of sex trafficking under age girls brings that to a whole new level.

Sure, but how many politicians hung with Epstein? I don't think this is nearly as rare as we might wish.

So is this a defense of Gaetz's character? That other politicians are slime balls too? If that's what you are saying, okay. But perhaps all you are saying is that there are lots of other slimy politicians too? If so, that still leaves Gaetz in the slime ball pile of politicians.

I am not defending or condemning anything. I am pointing out that politicians are slime balls. They hang out with one another. There are plenty of pictures of Trump with Epstein, and I don't believe for a second it defines who Trump is, but he certainly hung around with people you would not approve of. I don't know Gaetz well enough to comment on his character, but given that the corrupt DOJ declined to prosecute, I trust he was not involved in any way. In any event this is not what this thread is about.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1493 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post