SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why can't Republicans stand together Vis a vis votes for SOTH
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why can't Republicans stand together Vis a vis votes for SOTH Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Big Grin ^^

Posts: 11345 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Gaetz is kind of an asshole. He is damn lucky he is not in jail as his sidekicks are facing serious time. He is too much of a narcissist for me. He likes to stir up controversy.

Well, apparently one could quite accurately say that McCarthy is a presumptive entitled narcissist asshole, so there's that... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what to think. I understand what both sides are saying. On one hand, they say Macarty is a RINO who’s sold shares of himself to lobbyists. On one hand, what are you offering instead? On the other hand, I heard people are voting no out of pettiness such as committee assignments. I don’t know who to believe. I suspect there’s some truth in both sides.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19570 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Who are you referring to as 'you'? I'm not offering anything, but I am enjoying all the drama! Razz

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Matt Gaetz reports a 'Squatter' in the Speaker's Office... Razz

Is the Architect of the Capitol actually in charge of assigning and enforcing office space, and evicting squatters? And if Gaetz believes that someone who came in second place shouldn’t be in there, would he be OK if Jeffries moved in? After all, he came in first six times.

Seems like Gaetz just trying to get attention.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I just want us to reach the 69th round of voting on Valentine's Day. Smile

... 69 is a very poetic number especially on Valentine's Day.

Oh my ...

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Matt Gaetz reports a 'Squatter' in the Speaker's Office... Razz

Is the Architect of the Capitol actually in charge of assigning and enforcing office space, and evicting squatters? And if Gaetz believes that someone who came in second place shouldn’t be in there, would he be OK if Jeffries moved in? After all, he came in first six times.

Seems like Gaetz just trying to get attention.

Nobody has been elected Speaker of the House (the threshold is 218 votes!), therefore NOBODY should be currently occupying that office! Roll Eyes

Live Free or Die!

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
The House doesn't have anything to do until September 30th when the $1.7T omnibus spending bill that was just passed into law expires. So it would seem that they have nine plus months to decide upon the next speaker.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This does nothing in my mind but make the Republican party appear to be in total disarray and almost dysfunctional.

Where is the unity, the strength, the power????

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37906 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, apparently one could quite accurately say that McCarthy is a presumptive entitled narcissist asshole, so there's that...

^^^^^^^^^^
I agree. However, Gaetz is slimeball. His political connections and money has gotten him out of a lot of stuff over the years. McCarthy does not have that background of cavorting with underage girls and charges of sex trafficking. That is lower than scum.

Posts: 17155 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Hannity is on YouTube tonite give it a watch. Boebert clearly HATES Mccarthy for some reason. She did not let Hannity speak, interrupted him and clearly irritated him. He was unable to control her even though he said repeatedly that two of them agreed on political points. Her not voting for Mccarthy is purely personal. I have no doubt.

Posts: 17155 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
This does nothing in my mind but make the Republican party appear to be in total disarray and almost dysfunctional.

Because just shutting up and going along has work out great for us in the past, hasn’t it?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Well, apparently one could quite accurately say that McCarthy is a presumptive entitled narcissist asshole, so there's that...

^^^^^^^^^^
I agree. However, Gaetz is slimeball. His political connections and money has gotten him out of a lot of stuff over the years. McCarthy does not have that background of cavorting with underage girls and charges of sex trafficking. That is lower than scum.

Oh yeah, it's the seriousness of the charge that matters Roll Eyes

Posts: 4671 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Hannity is on YouTube tonite give it a watch. Boebert clearly HATES Mccarthy for some reason. She did not let Hannity speak, interrupted him and clearly irritated him. He was unable to control her even though he said repeatedly that two of them agreed on political points. Her not voting for Mccarthy is purely personal. I have no doubt.

Huh, I watched that interview and thought Hannity was an ass.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23919 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^

The first half of this video deals with the DOJ leaked accusations against Matt Gaetz. Obviously one side, but ultimately Biden's DOJ, weaponized by Merrick Garland (and obviously NO strangers to targeting conservatives!) recommended that NO charges be filed. Apparently a year and a half after the initial leak targeting Gaetz, the 'witnesses' and potentially the evidence was perceived to be NOT credible...

Live Free or Die!

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Hmmm. You are entitled that opinion. Boebert would not answer a simple question. I would have cut off her microphone.

The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Because just shutting up and going along has work out great for us in the past, hasn’t it?

I am so cool with elbows under the net at this point. Being sweet and kind and understanding has got the Repubs precisely nowhere.

As Mr. Dooley said, “Sure, politics ain’t bean-bag. ‘Tis a man’s game, an’ women, childer, cripples an’ prohybitionists’d do well to keep out iv it.” 100 years old and it works for me.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I am aware of that, but that does not make him an angel. Here:
Gaetz has attacked the Justice Department for not doing more to prosecute alleged co-conspirators who tried to shake down his wealthy father, former state Senate president Don Gaetz, for $25 million in return for securing a presidential pardon of the congressman in the sex crimes investigation. Gaetz’s father went to the FBI and wore a wire to catch the suspects — one of whom has since pleaded guilty.
Interesting huh? Read up on his Wingman, Joel Greenberg. Sordid tabloid stuff, not something I want to know about my Reprentative.
Would you let Gaetz babysit your kids?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
I am so cool with elbows under the net...
Say what?

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah I am aware of that, but that does not make him an angel. Here:
Gaetz has attacked the Justice Department for not doing more to prosecute alleged co-conspirators who tried to shake down his wealthy father, former state Senate president Don Gaetz, for $25 million in return for securing a presidential pardon of the congressman in the sex crimes investigation. Gaetz’s father went to the FBI and wore a wire to catch the suspects — one of whom has since pleaded guilty.
Interesting huh? Read up on his Wingman, Joel Greenberg. Sordid tabloid stuff, not something I want to know about my Reprentative.
Would you let Gaetz babysit your kids?

Dude, let it go! This DOJ has prosecuted innocent conservatives, targeted parents protesting at school board meetings and STILL, the 'Jan. 6 defendents' are rotting in jail as political prisoners! They did not even charge him with a crime! If they could have prosecuted him, surely they would have! It's not the seriousness of the charge that matters here...

Live Free or Die!