SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why can't Republicans stand together Vis a vis votes for SOTH
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why can't Republicans stand together Vis a vis votes for SOTH Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Yeah, you hate Gaetz and you think Hannity is arbiter of truth and justice (and if she kept Hannity from interrupting she should get a medal as that has not been done before). You bring up all the dirty linen on Gaetz that we should read up on but you post no links?

^^^^^^^^^^
I think integrity is important unlike yourself. I guess you are a fan of Santos as well. I think Hannity should have shut off her microphone like Laura Ingraham did later that evening. LOL

Prosecutors elected not to charge Gaetz because they were not sure if they could get a conviction. However, Gaetz's best friend was convicted and got an 11 year prison sentence for sex trafficking under age girls. Gaetz and his friend spent a lot of time together including overseas trips. Gaetz is a slimy unprincipled slime ball. He is at a minimum guilty of being a poor judge of character based upon who he chose to hang out with. I find it difficult to believe that Gaetz was unaware of what his pal was up to. I want to make something clear. I am not nor have I ever been an LEO. However, based upon personal experience assisting my own agencies Inspector General with a few fraud cases most US Attorneys will not charge someone with a crime unless they are almost certain of a conviction. That's why Gaetz was never charged.

https://www.politico.com/news/...cking-probe-00058617

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
DAN CRENSHAW TRASHES BRAVE REPUBLICANS FED UP WITH THE STATUS QUO, CALLS KEVIN MCCARTHY’S DISSENTERS ‘TERRORISTS’

https://mediarightnews.com/dan...ssenters-terrorists/

(Sorry about the all-caps. Just copied the headline.)

Please Texas, fire this son of a bitch. Then he can get his dream job as a CNN correspondent.

Dan Crenshaw is a globalist shill for Klaus Schwab and the World Economic Forum, having been a member of Klaus's Young Global Leaders. He is a RINO, trying to vaguely disguise himself as a conservative, his stance on Jan. 6th, the 2020 election, "climate change", etc. are things he can't hide. In 2021, trashing the Freedom Caucus as a bunch of "grifters", he also heaped praise on fellow RINO Adam Kinzinger (who just joined CNN). I will say he is not as bad as Mittens, but representing TX, we can do a lot better.

Crenshaw needs to be primaried out, but I doubt it will happen, since his district is in Houston, and he is very popular there.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
quote:
quote:
Yeah, you hate Gaetz and you think Hannity is arbiter of truth and justice (and if she kept Hannity from interrupting she should get a medal as that has not been done before). You bring up all the dirty linen on Gaetz that we should read up on but you post no links?

I think integrity is important unlike yourself. I guess you are a fan of Santos as well. I think Hannity should have shut off her microphone like Laura Ingraham did later that evening. LOL

Prosecutors elected not to charge Gaetz because they were not sure if they could get a conviction. However, Gaetz's best friend was convicted and got an 11 year prison sentence for sex trafficking under age girls. Gaetz and his friend spent a lot of time together including overseas trips. Gaetz is a slimy unprincipled slime ball. He is at a minimum guilty of being a poor judge of character based upon who he chose to hang out with. I find it difficult to believe that Gaetz was unaware of what his pal was up to. I want to make something clear. I am not nor have I ever been an LEO. However, based upon personal experience assisting my own agencies Inspector General with a few fraud cases most US Attorneys will not charge someone with a crime unless they are almost certain of a conviction. That's why Gaetz was never charged.

https://www.politico.com/news/...cking-probe-00058617

Sooo, guilt by association, and the 'seriousness of the charge' you say... Roll Eyes

I'll say it again - This DOJ has prosecuted innocent conservatives, targeted parents protesting at school board meetings and STILL, the 'Jan. 6 defendents' are rotting in jail as political prisoners! They did not even charge him with a crime! If they could have prosecuted him, surely they would have! Biden's DOJ, weaponized by Merrick Garland (and obviously NO strangers to targeting conservatives!) recommended that NO charges be filed. Regardless of what Politico has to say on the matter, apparently a year and a half after the initial leak targeting Gaetz, the 'witnesses' and potentially the 'evidence' were perceived to be NOT credible!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sooo, guilt by association, and the 'seriousness of the charge' you say... Roll Eyes

I'll say it again - This DOJ has prosecuted innocent conservatives, targeted parents protesting at school board meetings and STILL, the 'Jan. 6 defendents' are rotting in jail as political prisoners! They did not even charge him with a crime! If they could have prosecuted him, surely they would have! Biden's DOJ, weaponized by Merrick Garland (and obviously NO strangers to targeting conservatives!) recommended that NO charges be filed. Regardless of what Politico has to say on the matter, apparently a year and a half after the initial leak targeting Gaetz, the 'witnesses' and potentially the evidence was perceived to be NOT credible![/QUOTE]

I never once used the phrase "seriousness of the charge" in my post. As far as guilt by association, I did clearly suggest or imply that Gaetz is a poor judge of character based upon who he chose to hang out with.

There are some points of agreement between the two of us. I agree that the Biden DOJ is totally corrupt and selective in who they choose to go after. Some leftists were guilty of attacking federal buildings in Portland and elsewhere, but were never (to my knowledge) prosecuted. There are other examples, some of which you cited.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:

I never once used the phrase "seriousness of the charge" in my post. As far as guilt by association, I did clearly suggest or imply that Gaetz is a poor judge of character based upon who he chose to hang out with.

You could say that about any and every politician.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
quote:

You could say that about any and every politician.

Very true. But hanging out with guys who are guilty of sex trafficking under age girls brings that to a whole new level.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Very true. But hanging out with guys who are guilty of sex trafficking under age girls brings that to a whole new level.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Crenshaw needs to be primaried out, but I doubt it will happen, since his district is in Houston, and he is very popular there.

I'm not in his district but I agree.
He came on to the scene with great fanfare, military background, sounding conservative, pirate patch and all.
Then it emerged to conservatives particularly those of us who cherish the second amendment that he is not all in.
Not sure who or how but a real conservative would be nice.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
He came on to the scene with great fanfare, military background, sounding conservative, pirate patch and all.

Yep... that's how it happens.
Get elected as a conservative, but vote with the swamp.

quote:
Remember, politics is almost entirely about getting re-elected, and only about something else by accident or coincidence.
-jhe888

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sure, but how many politicians hung with Epstein? I don't think this is nearly as rare as we might wish.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Looks like McCarthy will fail to win another vote...
Matt Gaetz voted for Donald Trump for Speaker. Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I wonder if McCarthy has a “‘F… this nonsense. I’m OUT’!” point.

If he really wants to go out with a BANG!! he should nominate Rep. Boebert (R-CO) and ask all those who voted for him to vote for her.

That would cause chaos in Congress, a MSM meltdown second only to the night when Marc Mezvinsky‘s MIL lost the Presidency for the third time, and a scream from the swamp.

A fun time to be had by all.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
. . .

Doesn’t integrity include allowing people to vote for who the hell they want in Florida while you sit in Louisiana kibitzing?
Mississippi?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
. . .

Doesn’t integrity include allowing people to vote for who the hell they want in Florida while you sit in Louisiana kibitzing?
Mississippi?

Alan Bourdillion Trehearne

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Are you saying he can't shoot straight? Razz

(It's a John Wayne movie reference, folks.)

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If the leftists really understood what is going on with this, they wouldn't even be smiling, much less laughing. They should be concerned, but they haven't a clue.

We, OTOH, have reason to be happy, because this is a push back against the status quo.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Andy Biggs (R-AZ) giving a solid speech right now on the floor…round #8

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^ Are you saying he can't shoot straight? Razz

(It's a John Wayne movie reference, folks.)

No, he carries a sawn off shotgun. It doesn’t matter how he shoots; the only safe place is behind him when he fires that thang.

Nice is overrated