SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Meatloaf is finally for Dinner - Eddie is Dead, Like at Bat Out Hell
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meatloaf is finally for Dinner - Eddie is Dead, Like at Bat Out Hell Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Not sure what i liked more, his album, Bat Out of Hell or, Sweet Patooty.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...meat-loaf-dead-at-74

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
His name was Robert Paulson

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10755 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
His name was Robert Paulson

That made me lol. Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7077 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hot Patootie!!

Posts: 1338 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
RIP

He was prayin for the end of time..

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
What did the cannibals say?

“Hey, honey… Meatloaf is done.”

One observation, he was quite the singer.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32056 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
It’s Meat Loaf, two words.
His dad started calling him Meat because of his size, when he was 2.
The kids in school, later added Loaf.
In an interview he mentioned how he really hated to see it spelled as Meatloaf.

Really loved his work along with Jim Steinman they made some great music.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Very sad, he was a hell of a singer.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4856 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
The ‘Bat Out of Hell’ was the main pumping iron tunes back in the day. I had pretty much every song memorized, some better than others.

He had a close call in Canada a year or 3 ago, I think passed out on stage. To me it was mostly in the ‘Bat Out of Hell’ album, just so-so hits after that.

Posts: 6423 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Loaf.

Posts: 2534 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
RIP Meat Loaf

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9420 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Got introduced to Meat Loaf's music by a friend in college in the late '70s.
RIP, Mr. Aday Frown

Posts: 15158 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing voice!

RIP Meat Loaf.

Posts: 3589 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Meat Loaf was an underappreciated talent.

RIP

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
He was good in his cameo appearance in “Rocky Horror Picture Show” also. R.I.P. Meat Loaf!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1748 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Hopefully he walked toward the light of the dashboard light.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11889 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Dang. So many great memories associated with Bat Out Of Hell. That was/is one heck of an album and one of my all time favorites...still...45 years later.

I'll have to go home and crank it up this afternoon. RIP Meat.

Posts: 20611 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I grew up listening to Meatloaf and his music will always live on. RIP Meatloaf

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His songs "Two out of Three Ain't Bad" and "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" I'm sure helped me score several times back in the early to mid-80's as a young 20-something. Thanks for that, Meat Loaf and RIP.

Posts: 5235 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
One of the greats - like listening to brief novels put to music.

Posts: 1145 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post