SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Meatloaf is finally for Dinner - Eddie is Dead, Like at Bat Out Hell
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meatloaf is finally for Dinner - Eddie is Dead, Like at Bat Out Hell Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
We have lost a true entertainer, I'm a big fan of his.
RIP Meat.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
There there Cous Cous.

His was one of the first concerts I went to, amazing energy. He will be missed.

Posts: 11416 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing Meat Loaf at an appearance in Livingston Mall in New Jersey in 1977 or 1978. I’m pretty sure of the location.

We cut school and hitched a ride there.
We were on the second level overlooking the courtyard where he was to appear.

I can’t remember if he performed or was just doing a fan meet and greet.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
BOH cd is one of six in my car.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have rather eclectic tastes in music and as a result have roughly 2000 "songs" on my Iphone ranging from Classical to Blue Grass. Fairly often I'll set the phone to random play the entire collection. One day I had a segue that just blew my mind, it went from Wasted Youth by Meat Loaf to Mamma Mia by ABBA. Now I have those two songs in a playlist I've called Stripped Gears.

That would not exist if it weren't for the Man and I am truly saddened by his passing.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5770 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to miss him. Great performances, especially with the handkerchief..

Posts: 1480 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
His first album was a combination of three different extraordinary talents. Meat Loaf's voice and performance. Todd Rundgren producer and guitar, and Jim Steinman who we lost last year for composition. I spent hour after hour after hour listening to many of their albums. RIP. Thanks for the entertainment.

Posts: 7653 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Man that stinks. Late 80's/early 90's in HS everyone used to blare his songs.

I have fond memories of the school year coming to a close...weather getting warm, taking the finals, heading to work after school to deliver pizza until 11PM...followed by hopping in my CJ5 with my girl and cruising to Nantasket beach to watch the surf and play some skee-ball.

Top off, radio up, "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad", "You Took the Words Right Out Of My Mouth"...and the warm salty summer air.

Thanks for the memories.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
He's ended his time with her.

RIP.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5675 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Goodnight Meat, RIP.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I so enjoyed the movie Black Dog so I purchased the DVD, he was a good actor.

There are a lot of Meat Loaf jokes going around today, But I Won’t Do That.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read a story years ago, Rocky Horror, the first time he saw
Tim Curry dressed as a transvestite, he freaked out and walked off the set.
They begged him to come back. I'm glad he did.

Posts: 1338 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Nobody ever sounded like him or ever will.

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Too soon?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I subscribe to Weber weekly recipes and got this email this morning. Really! You think people are so thin skinned to feel a need to post this. As Charlie Brown would say "Good Grief"

Dear Jim,

This morning you received our weekly "Recipe of the Week" email, which is sent to you every Friday.

In today's email we highlighted a grilled meatloaf recipe. At the time we shared this recipe with you, we were not aware of the unfortunate passing of American singer and actor Mr. Marvin Lee Aday, also known as Meat Loaf.

We want to express our deepest apologies for this oversight and for any offense this email may have caused.

We send our condolences to Mr. Aday's family and fans.

Thank you for understanding.

The Weber Family

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Senator John Kennedy of LA. was a big fan.

Meat Loaf was my all-time favorite artist.

It was an honor to talk with him last year and let him know how insanely talented he was.

Becky and I are praying for his family and will be listening to Bat Out of Hell all weekend.

Posts: 17531 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
have a nephew who asked me for a song suggestion to play after his wedding, I suggested Paradise by the Dashboard light, he had never heard it, did I get some dirty looks later that night.

Posts: 3790 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Becky and I are praying for his family and will be listening to Bat Out of Hell all weekend.

Just finished up my third go-through with a good cigar and a few fingers of Crown.

There isn't a bad song on that album. For Crying Out Loud is probably my favorite with Bat Out Of Hell and Heaven Can Wait a close second and third. There's a song for every mood.

Posts: 20611 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember reading a New York Times review of a show he gave in the early 80’s. The reviewer referred to him as “Mr. Loaf”.

Posts: 1000 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post