SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Un-Funk Thread. Big Victories, Small Victories, and Stuff that Makes You Happy - We Shall Start With Darius Rucker "It's Alright"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Un-Funk Thread. Big Victories, Small Victories, and Stuff that Makes You Happy - We Shall Start With Darius Rucker "It's Alright" Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Doesn't have to be music, ladies and gentlemen; nephews playing baseball, kids graduating, pets bouncing, small victories, big ones (like getting a pilot's license, Hell Yeah!), life's victories, life's benefits (announce your anniversary here!), promotion at work, back to the gym, didn't lose any teeth today, what ever it is...

ETA: Oh, and it rained. First rain in months. Need it for the fields.

I'm happy today. Went to the gym, inlaws (who I like) are visiting, the cat is asleep on the table behind my computer, and the dog is passed out at my feet.

God bless.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArtieS,

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Always puts a grin on me. Thank you, Artie!

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
From a more optimistic time:

and even more optimistic times:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

And a dancing watermelon.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post

And a cute doggo pic

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Darius is cool. He used to hang at a bar in midtown Atlanta when I was living there.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/etr7UtnUflM" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO][/QUOTE]

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
every time I hear Darius, my mind says Hootie,

saw him fronting Hootie and the Blowfish a few times live, always a great show,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
So, another couple of good things. I'm happy today.

First, I will update the "I taught a Friend's Kid to Shoot Today" thread as he came back for more fun here.

Plus, I had a bit of a victory today. I do a lot of project work, where I take an equity interest, rather than cash for my efforts. Today, I was offered 5% of a soon-to-be NASCAR racing series. If nothing else, it will be one hell of a lot of fun.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I won an awesome Karma the other day courtesy of bobandmikako!

Getting stuff always makes me feel good. Making others feel good feels good too, so I am trying to start a “Karma Train” - Look for my post.

Besides that, it is a sunny day and I am getting things checked off of my “Honey do” list. It may sound trite, but life really is 5% what happens and 95% of what you do about it.

Choose your attitude, realize many, many folks these days are not as blessed as you and be happy with what you have. Stay positive, things can always get worse.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gordo's most underrated song:

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to wake up, and live the life I've been gifted with. Had highs, and very deep lows. I'm with Rucker, It's alright!

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clang:
Gordo's most underrated song:

Never been into GL other than his most rated song. But once you figured out the embedding Wink I listened to the end, twice. Got the headphones on. I like it. Been a long, good day.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Never been into GL other than his most rated song. But once you figured out the embedding Wink I listened to the end, twice. Got the headphones on. I like it. Been a long, good day.

Thanks - it only took about 18 tries to get it right. Persistence pays off. Let the un-funking continue!

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This week is spring break, so a lot of coworkers are out. I work in a quad, and I am the only one here today. I got everything I wanted to accomplish done before lunch because there were zero distractions. So now, I am going to desktop dine and browse some Sigforum. Awesome!

Posts: 662 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This made me happy and I needed Unfunked and possibly unfucked from the past week.
FN SLP that I bought out of the classifieds here and she runs. Proper sling ordered and I have 3-6 round shotgun cards coming also.
Cook some supper and possibly listen to some music.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post