SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Taught a Friend's Kid to Shoot Today! - Updated Page 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Taught a Friend's Kid to Shoot Today! - Updated Page 2 Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Well done!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done Artie, those are memories that last a lifetime.

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Here's the latest!

GP 100 shooting .38 Spc. He fired one Federal 158 Gr. SJ Crowdpleaser and allowed that one was enough of those.

This gun was his favorite so far. It wears fiberoptic Williams FireSights courtesy of Rolan, and is a delight to shoot with light loads. Hell, it's GP 100, it's a delight to shoot with full house loads, but not if you're 12...

Then he went a few magazines worth of .228 goodness. Excellent grip is thanks to jljones threads on grip and sight picture. Hat tip, right there.

Got introduced to rifle with a scoped Ruger 10/22.

As you can see, we need to work on cheek weld, hold, well, pretty much everything. He "gets" pistols. Rifles, not so much.

He finished the day with my 9mm AR. This was a grin maker!

His mom has movies of him shooting it, so I have no pix.

Mom also shot her Kimber Compact 45, to the delight of her son.

He then got to drive his mom back to the barn in the Mule, showing off this newly acquired skill as well.

All in, another fantastic day of young man development.

He always takes his targets home with him, and tapes them to his bedroom wall.

I'm having a ball teaching this kid.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArtieS,

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well done!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
When my DIL asked me to take her shooting, her favorite gun that day was my GP100. Enough that the first gun she bought was a GP100.
Her second favorite gun was my P226 in 9mm so i think she’s a keeper.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3848 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Two thumbs up!!!

Posts: 6913 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Good on ya. Have done the same with my older nephew. Kind of a rush watching him take his first shot. Every time he and his little brother came over they wanted to sit in front of the safe and check out the guns. Taught them about type of guns, pistol vs revolver etc. They know all about gun safety. Letting him drive the tractor for the first time sitting on my lap when he was about 4 was a treat.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took my 17 yr old grandson to the range at Christmas time. He had never touched a gun before. Shot my P226RX and Browning Buckmark. He nailed it. More accurate than me. Amazing what young eyes and hands are capable of!

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Great work Artie,

Guessing he is left eye dominant?

Great to hear he has good parents and you to coach him up and present the range opportunity.

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Left hand, and left eye. Slightly ambidextrous, which causes him some confusion on occasion.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Private range, scenic setting and he got to play with an earth mover - very, very cool.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post